Saturday, August 14, 2004

Birthday news

My 26th birthday came and went on Thursday August 12th. It was a beautiful day outside and turned out to be a pretty good day. The night before, our volleyball team lost our first game so that wasn't very good but we know where we screwed up so I think we'll be okay (gotta practice tomorrow though). After, Eric, Mike, Danielle and I went to Johnny's for a little post game meal. That was perfect! I can't believe that was Danielle's first time to Johnny's (she liked it so that's good).

Thursday morning, I woke up and had to head to the office for my mid-year review with my boss. That went well and some good things were said. Then, I headed out to a customer meeting and after the meeting, had a nice lunch with a co-worker where we had a couple of pints and I got a little tipsy so had to wait a while before driving home.

Got home that afternoon and hung out with Ankita (my niece). Her family moved to NYC today (August 14th) for good so I am quite sad about that. I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible on Thursday and saw her again yesterday (Friday). She is such a special girl and I am truly gonna miss her. We played a lot on Thursday and again on Friday so I have nothing but fond memories. Not sure when I'll be making my first trip to NYC but I'll see you soon Ankita!

That night, I had dragonboat practice and my parents came down and brought Ankita and her mom. I'm glad they got to come cause she always heard about my paddling but didn't know what it was. She had a great time running around in the park and near the water and even got to sing me happy birthday with my teammates when they ramdomly decided to sing to me while we were paddling. After practice, we had a couple of drinks and some food on the patio down at Sunnyside and it was cool to chill with my teammates. Cristine came by and hung out and then the two of us went for a really nice walk along the boardwalk. Thanks a lot Cristine! That was perfect.

After practice, I met up with Romi and we went up to see the Perseids Meteor Shower. We drove up to the Kennedy and Major Mackenzie area and found a driveway where we parked. We laid on top of the Escape and looked up into the night sky. It started to get a little cold but we roughed it out and eventually saw about 5 shooting stars (actually, I only saw 2 but she saw the other 3). It was cool to be out there for the Meteor shower. It's an annual birthday present that I get from Mama Nature and I hadn't been out to see it in a few years so I'm glad I got to go see it (although my other plans to go see it were changed). Romi - thanks a lot for coming out with me and spending time on my birthday. It was great to chill out and I really hope that all the stuff going on in your life works itself out. You've got some big decisions ahead of ya but I'm sure that you will make the right ones. You got the support of family and friends so it'll be great.

Have an excellent Blackout weekend everyone!

No comments: