Monday, December 06, 2004

Guess Who's Back...

Well ladies and gentlemen. After a long hiatus. I am back. There probably is no one reading this blog anymore anyway so if you're out there, enjoy but if you're not - you are missing out on the literary event of the year!

Guess what? It snowed in Toronto today. About 1-2 inches fell. The first big snow fall of the year. So as a result, Toronto drivers forget how to drive and screwed up all the roads and got into so many fender benders today. I had the luxury of working from home today so that was good. I think I am actually doing the Toronto public a favour because that is one less car stuck on the road sitting in gridlock. I am a good person...at least that is how I will rationalize it. I think that more people should be allowed to work from home because honestly, sitting in 2.5 hours of traffic just to get to work late and then leaving early to try to beat it so you can be home at a decent time just doesn't seem to be a very good thing.

My last post was October 25 and man oh man, a lot has happened since then.

Right around that time, I was starting out on a new path, growing exceeding happy and content with everything. Life was damn good if I do say so myself. And just as fast that got good...it went the other way. That's that. It's crap right now but I'll learn from it and figure things out.

In the past 6-8 weeks, I've done a lot of stuff but some of the highlights definitely include:

1. Going to the Argos game (first round vs. Hamilton) and getting down on the field with "medical" passes and then into the dressing room. I got to meet Pinball Clemons AND listen to his pregame peptalk in the locker which was absolutely WICKED.

2. I also got to try some fun circus activities. I went to the Toronto International Circus School for the Arts. What a really cool experience and totally freaky. I did the trapeze and damn, I was SCARED. I can't believe that I actually did it (3 times actually). Man, that was nuts just standing on the edge and then jumping off and swinging. I don't think I could skydive or bungee jump. I am just too chicken.

3. This past weekend, Ruth and I hosted Ruth and Aneil's Cooking Extravaganza for our Waterloo posse (along with our annual secret santa). We had a great menu and it was an awesome time. The menu was as follows... (just so you can salivate a bit).

Appetizers:
Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
Carrot Hummus and Toasted Flatbread
Sev Puri (small chips topped with various goodies)
Butternut Squash Soup

Mains:
Chicken Tikka (boneless marinated pieces)
Grilled Fished topped with an Indonesian Coconut and Coriander Chutney
Chole (chick peas cooked in a savoury onion and tomato sauce)
Indonesian Salad (long beans, bean sprouts, carrots, tofu and peanut sauce)

Desserts:
Fried Bananas in Brazilian Rum
Vanilla Gelatto
Ginger Ice Cream
Lychee Ice Cream
Chocolate Cake
Tea and Coffee

It was a feast...totally wonderful and definitely something I can't wait to do again. I definitely learned a few things. One - IT IS SO DAMN EASY TO OVERCOOK CHICKEN AND DRY IT OUT!!!

4. During my absense, my mom was in India for a month. She just got back last week. Man, the time she was gone went by so fast. While gone, my dad and I were doing the bachelor thing and took good care of the place (and our tummies). We ate very well (cooked a lot) and were invited to a few places for the odd dinners.

5. I also did some volunteer work over the past while. I helped at a Habitat for Humanity build in Scarborough which was great. Thomas helped out that day as well and the two of us had a great time. I also went to a Grade 7 class in Markham and taught them about the economics of staying in school. That was a really rewarding experience and great to hear what the kids had to say.

Well...I'm back and hopefully gonna contribute more regularly. A separate post shortly will be dedicated to the Raptors cause I am quite upset with that team right now. Some nights they look good and are playing well. But more nights - they are looking like chumps...not giving 100% effort night in and night out. Vince and Jalen have to go so that we can start fresh.

Night all...

No comments: