Saturday, February 23, 2002

One more game and Team Canada's Destiny will be met. All the men have to do is follow the brilliant lead set by the women on Thursday night. Once Sunday at 3:00 pm rolls around, the puck will be dropped and all of you that choose to watch the game will be treated to one of the greatest and most meaningful hockey games of our lifetimes. Everyone...enjoy!

Visited EXVU today. It was really good to go back and see all my old co-workers. They are all really awesome people for the most part so it was great to see them all and catch up on old times. They are all really excited for me about the new job that I've got coming but they were mostly all dissapointed as well when they found out that I wouldn't be coming back full time. Definitely, a bittersweet feeling...

Tonight, I went to the Raptors game against Detroit and I must say...that was one of the worst games I've seen the Raptors play this year. They lacked any ounce of intensity. They couldn't execute (missed two easy dunks, missed a total of about 15 free throws, played very questionable d at times). Overall, very lackluster performance and they better improve soon because they are now sitting in 6th place in the Eastern Conference...teams like Orlando and Detroit are ahead of them - how the hell has that happened?

After the game, I saw Amelie tonight with a friend. What a fantastic movie. I really liked it. We missed the first 10 minutes of the movie and the staff (kids no older than 15) at Bayview Village initially told us that we couldn't watch the movie cause they had already closed the cash boxes. But, we were able to talk them into it and they let us in. The movie was great...I had permasmile on the entire time which was a very nice feeling.

I was surfing and looking up travel stuff today for my trip. Came across this on the Lonely Planet site -

"Anyone foolish enough to accept free air-tickets and a new set of luggage from sudden friends in Bangkok deserves to be called a mule."

I'll be sure to remember that.

p.s. Michelle Kwan, you are still the best skater in my eyes even though you never won the Olympic Gold Medal.

No comments: