Monday, September 02, 2002

I take back the comments I made about the anniversary of September 11. I was thinking about it this weekend and I am an information hound, especially when it comes to stuff like this. I am sure that I will be watching all the special tributes and memorials about the lives of people since...all the heroes....all the people lost. I just watched this thing on CBC tonight about this Italian-Canadian gentlemen who was on the 84th floor of the second tower when the first tower was hit. He stayed up there for a while...then realized he should leave...and you know the rest of the story. It was still remarkable to actually listen to someone speak who was physically a part of all that. I will try to absorb as much information about September 11 as possible but I still do think that there will be too much American propaganda that day (and that week actually).

It's the night before the work week starts and what have I done today? Well, my normal Sunday night routine (Holiday Monday night in this case) - I filled up gas in the car AND I ironed my dress shirts. How crappy is that? I really hate ironing. Really hate it. I gotta start buying all wrinkle-resistant clothing. Even that stuff though has to be ironed if you wanna look crisp.

So - let me tell you about Saturday night. I am so embarrassed to admit this but I stayed home the entire night, watched Breakfast at Tiffany's alone in the basement. I was in bed by 11:00 pm. Is that not pitiful? I am 24 years old and my parents were out more than I was this long weekend. Damn, that is said. But - I did get a lot of sleep and now I am ready to tackle the work week. Next week, I've got some partying going on so I am not too worried. By the way, Breakfast at Tiffany's was pretty good. The best part for me was definitely Audrey Hepburn cause she is money.

Played baseball with Scott today. That was a lot of fun. It would have been great if we had one or two more people but it was still good nonetheless. Gotta get out and do more physical exercise though. This diet (no snacks and lots of fruits/veggies) is going well but now I also gotta keep up the physical work.

Overall - I would have to say that life is good these days. Work is keeping me busy. I am learning a lot of new stuff. I am working out. Getting to see lots of my friends. Spending time with mom and dad. Can't ask for much more.

GOOD LUCK to everyone starting school tomorrow. Man, I used to remember this night. The last night of summer - the night before the first day of school. I never could sleep cause I would always be too nervous. Hopefully, I won't have any problems tonight. Sweet dreams everyone,

No comments: