Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Sorry about my absense everyone. I have been pretty busy with work stuff of late. I just got back from Milwaukee. I was there from Sunday afternoon until this morning. It was for a Sales training course which went really well. And, tomorrow, I am flying out to Dallas for a Sales Meeting. I am going go stay until Sunday so I can chill with my cousin Ratheen on the Saturday night. I've got 3 other cousins there so hopefully, I will be able to see them as well.

So ladies and gentlemen, I did fly today. Yep - I flew on September 11th. It was weird. I woke up in my hotel room this morning and was getting ready. Then, this crazy thought went through my head. I was thinking that exactly a year ago at that time, the hijackers were probably in their room getting ready after sleeping or whatever - basically, what the hell must have been going through their mind in the hours before they got to the airport and executed their plan. That must have been an entire mixture of emotions. Anyway, there was tonnes of traffic but when I got to the airport, it was virtually empty. I checked in and got through security in under 10 minutes cause it was just so empty. When we arrived in Toronto, Pearson was empty too. So basically, most people, other than business travellers tried to stay away from the skies today...The flight itself consisted of me reading the USA Today and Globe and Mail and just about every page had something to do about September 11. It got to be a bit too much in the end but it was still quite interesting reading the different articles and viewpoints.

I wanna go and spend some time with my parents but I'll write more later.
Have a good one everyone.

No comments: