Thursday, October 27, 2005

Exactly a Month has passed...

Wow, Septemeber 27 - October 27 just came and went. I never would have thought that it would go so quickly. Where to begin? Where to end?

Well, the easy thing will be to give a few shoutouts right off the bat.

First, I think I told you that my friend Ruth is working in Uganda right now. Well, she has started a blog to keep us up to date on her experiences. So you should definitely check it out.

Also, Mr Tchao is back on the blogging tip. The internet community welcomes your humour back with open arms my friend. Make sure you watch the movie that he (and his sister) put together. It's pretty cool.

And the last greeting goes to our friend Clara who is in the UK for school for the next year. She has a cool blog telling us about her adventures across the pond.

Oh yes, and how could I forget the best one of them all - the Franklin Foursome is back. Read, be inspired and laugh a little (or a lot if my rhymes are that bad)

Okay, so the shoutouts are done. It's definitely cool to see how a bunch of my friends are all spread out around the world doing amazing things. I hope that I can visit many of them sometime soon and share stories.

My bro is in town this week. Visiting from London. His fiance has gone home to Australia this week so it just him flying solo. It's been a fun week and it's been good to just chill as a family. Haven't had that much time to spend together just talking and catching up but we are looking at Wedding halls all afternoon so I'm sure that'll give us plenty of opportunities. Last night, Rajs' company took us out to Susur for a fancy dining experience. We had the tasting menu and man, it was quite a treat. It was supposed to be a 7 course meal but by my counts, I had 10 so I'm not complaining. Man, everything is so small but dang - it is rich and cause it takes so long in between courses, you fill up fast. We sat at 7:31 and we were the last to leave the restaurant at 11:34. Can you believe that? Have you ever sat in a restaurant for 4 hours? It was fun at first but after a while, it just got a bit boring and you just needed a change of scenery. I am having a hard time remembering all of the courses that we had but let me give it a try:

1. Amuse Bouche - just to we the pallette - Squab pate, lobster in pear sauce, and can't remember the other one (3 in total)
2. Main - Seared Ostrich Meat in a coffee marinade with spring onions, shallots, carrots, apricots - DAMN, that meat was so tender and melted in your mouth!
3. Fois Gras in an exciting presentation
4. Another presentation of Fois Gras
5. Fatty Pork with Pear and an Asian inspired sauce - Not that great, definitely an acquired taste
6. Pineapple and citrus gelatin garnished with fresh marigolds so refreshing!
7. Halibut Sashimi with a coconut wheel and garnished with shallots
8. Lobster Shrimp grilled to perfection on a skewer
9. Warm Chinese Wintergarden soup with Chicken
10. Dessert - 4 small cakes - one banana, one chocolate, one strawberry and one more (which was the best by far but I don't know what it was).

We had 2 wines during dinner - an Austrian bottle and a French wine.

Overall, a very neat experience. The service was great when it was there. At times, it was a little slow. That place is all about style. All about presentation. Definitely a good memory. And man, I need to go for a jog today!

More in a jiffy (hopefully).
I guess I should do some work now.

No comments: