Friday, December 02, 2005

sickie

So I had a decent week in Chicago. Man, it was a LLOONNNGG one though. Spending close to 7 hours each day at our booth at the trade-show was pretty grueling. Standing on my feet all day, shaking hands, being polite - all that fun stuff. And to top it all off, I got sick. I was there from Saturday to Thursday and by about Tuesday night, I was starting to feel it. It hit rock bottom on Wednesday and the the pinnacle was definitely flying home yesterday evening. My flight was delayed by an hour. I didn't get home (to bed) until past 2:00 am this morning (Friday morning). Flying when you are all congested and sick has gotta be one of THE worst feelings too. Man, that was just way too much.

The bright side is that Cris and I did get some good shopping done. And some good walking around Chi-town on the Magnificent Mile, etc. It was definitely a good time. Monday night of last week, I had a good time hanging with some of my old "classmates" from the training program I went through a couple years ago. It was especially good to catch up with Michael who got married about 15 months ago. He (and his wife Heather) are great people so I will definitely look them up if I go to NYC in the future. I also got to spend some quality time with Yollanda and Cristine - talking about work, life and the pursuit of happiness.

Speaking of happiness, I think the Raptors are probably relieved. They won their first road game of the season. Who was it against you ask? Well of course, the lowly Atlanta Hawks. Quite possibly the only team that is worse than Toronto in the entire NBA. Tonight's stellar matchup was definitely one of the worst matchups in the history of modern professional sports. That said, it was actually a decent game - probably because both teams felt like they had something to prove. The tandom of Bosh and Villenueva is looking good and with Calderon tossing dimes around, it should be a bright future. Let's see what pieces of that pie actually stick around for the long term though.

I guess I should try to sleep this cold off so goodnight y'all.

No comments: