Sunday, October 10, 2004

Long Weekend? What Long Weekend???

I am sitting here in Lake Geneva, WI right now. Arrived this afternoon around 2:00 pm and I'm here until Thursday for training for work. If you didn't know, it's the Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Canada this weekend but unfortunately, I have to work on my long weekend so I don't get it. Stupid Americans never consider us Canadians and went ahead and planned our training for the week starting on the Monday of Thanksgiving. Do you think a sales meeting or training would ever be over any American long weekend? I think not.

This weekend...what I had anyway was great. Friday night started with All you can Eat Sushi for Etch, Krix and I. We went to a place called Asahi at Carlton near Sherbourne (close to Cabbagetown) and had a laugh filled meal including the raw beef that Kris ordered cause he thought it sounded good. Overall...there were some amazing Makis and a couple others that weren't so good. All you can Eat Sushi is definitely a cool concept though and awesome to eat some good food. After dinner, we walked for close to 45 minutes down towards the Paramount cause we decided to watch a movie.

We watched The Motorcycle Diaries which was a phenomenal movie. It was very powerful and offered a lot of incredible imagery. The scenery in South America (Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Columbia and Peru) was absolutely stunning and totally beautiful. I have wanted to go to South America for a while now and after seeing that movie, I can't wait until I can finally go. Che's life (prior to his Political Activist days) was really quite full of experiences and opened and shaped his mind. The people he met along his journey impacted him and really made a difference.

Saturday, I got to hang out with my niece Ankita. It was great to see her and play with her yesterday afternoon. We carved a Jack 'O Lantern which was fun. I've never done that before and I know Ankita had a great time scooping out all the goop from the pumpkin. At night, the boyz came by with a couple of the ladies. It was and always is great to hang with G, Ashwat, Kdot and Samp along with the new additions to the posse - Raq and Andrea. I made chicken fajitas and Ash brought a nice salad. Andrea provided the dessert (chocolate brownies) and together, we had a feast. I must say though that we are getting old. We all sat around eating and drinking and we were talking about marriage, weddings, politics, real estate and work. Crazy how things have changed.

Well...guess I should get to bed cause I have to work tomorrow morning at 7:30. For all of you in Canada...enjoy your day off. Guess I'm the sucker now.

No comments: