Friday, October 01, 2004

CIBC Run for the Cure

This Sunday October 3, 2004 - I will be participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure. This year, I came into contact with a few people affected by breast cancer and realized how close it really can be. I have wanted to do this run for years and now, I finally feel like there is a real motivation behind completing it. I'm sure that you may already know people who have been affected by this awful problem or will know someone in the future.

I'm sure a lot of you have already supported others so if that is the case, I completely understand. However if you can spare a donation, I would really appreciate any support that you can provide. The even better scenario would be if you could complete the run yourself. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below and help me out...

It is very SAFE and EASY to make a donation using a credit card or an e-mail money transfer. The donations website is secure and will accept your credit card.

- Simply go to https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/rftc2004/html/login.asp and click on DONATE in the bottom right corner.
- Search for me
- Select my name from the search results.
- Choose your donation amount and click on Support at the bottom.
- Then, it will prompt you for your contact information, relationship to me, etc.
- After entering all that, click on continue and it will prompt you for credit card info or you can do an e-mail money transfer

If you don't want to use the online system, but would still like to donate the old fashioned way, please email me and I will collect the money from you to submit it on race day. If I can't get the money from you by Sunday, I will front the cost and then you can pay me after (by cash or cheque).

If you want a tax receipt, you will automatically receive it for any donation of $20 or more. If you require a tax receipt for a donation below $20, simply request it. In both cases, the tax receipt will be e-mailed to you.

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your support.

No comments: