Sunday, October 03, 2004

Weekend Update

I had a really good one. It was quite busy but I got to see a lot of buddies and have a lot of fun. Friday night was pretty chill. I just went out to Madras Palace for some Masala Dosa with the 'rents. Then, I went home and watched the final 2 episodes of 24, Season 2. It wasn't as good as season 1 in my opinion. Lots more wholes in the story and discontinuity (is that a word?). The thing is though...that show is built and aired in such a way that I wouldn't be able to watch it on a weekly basis. I have to watch it when I have all the DVD's of all episodes cause they keep you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.

Saturday, I satisfied a craving. I have been wanting Dim Sum for a while now and I finally got to have it. Once again, I was the token brown guy among my Asian friends and we went out to a nice Dim Sum restaurant in Richmond Hill. The food was good but damn, we had A LOT of it. After food, we tried to figure out what to do and eventually settled on the driving range where we proceeded to have driving and putting contests. I'm sure we disrupted all the other hardcore golfers around us but screw 'em!, we were having a good time. At night, I went to a concert with Sachin and Etch. We saw the Afro-Cuban All Stars, a Cuban lounge band with a wide array of instruments including trumpets, trombones, a sax, bango drums, piano, violen and dancers. It was a great show although it started out slowly cause there weren't that many people into the dancing. Evntually though, the crowd came around and it was fun. There was even an 80 year old man that joined them on stage. He used to be in Bueno Vista Social Club so he came out and performed. He was singing and dancing on stage. After, I went to a lounge called Lily in Little Italy which had some cool music playing. Was there till late which probably wasn’t a good idea cause I only got about 4 hours of sleep.

This morning, I had to wake up at around 8:00 cause I did the CIBC Run for the Cure. It was a good time (so many people – almost 40,000 I think). I completed the run in 24 minutes which was great since my goal was 25 minutes. In total, I raised $520 which was awesome. I only decided to do the race on Thursday night so to raise that much is such a little time was perfect. It was a really neat atmosphere down there and tonnes of people to share a special occasion with. After the run, I took the subway home and then on the bus, had to listen to the entire conversaton of this damn chick who was talking so loudly on her cell phone. I don't think she knew how to use her "inside voice". Man, she was a tool. Got him, ate some lunch and then took a nap cause at 4:00 pm, I had a beach volleyball game. It was our team's second game of the season in our Fall League. We kicked butt today.

Oh yeah, two other quick things from the world of baseball. My condolences go out to the family of John Cerutti (former Blue Jay Pitcher during the 80's). He was found dead in his Skydome hotel room today. He is now a TV Commentator for the Jays and was supposed to call todays game but never showed up for work. Apparently he died of natural causes.

Also in baseball news, it appears that Carlos Delgado has just played his last game in a Toronto uniform. What a classy athlete and truly an ambassador to Toronto and his native, Puerto Rico. I wish that idiots like Vince Carter could watch and learn from a guy like Carlos. He will certainly be missed.

That is all. Now I must sleep. I need a massage!

No comments: