Sunday, January 15, 2006

Fun Weekend except for one Stupid move

Back home on a Sunday night just trying to wind down after a fun weekend and get ready for a long, busy week. It was the annual high school gang snowboarding weekend up at Blue Mountain. There were 16 of us and we had this lates-80's style Chalet with a huge kitchen, dining area and common room. I think there were 7 or 8 bedrooms as well so that was good cause everyone got a place to sleep. We even had a hottub which was definitely very cool to chill out in on Friday night and Saturday again after swimming.

As an aside, I'm not gonna get too much into the "stupid part of the weekend". Let's just say it has something to do with my cell phone and being submerged in the hot tub. Oh well, time for a new phone I guess... ;o)

Thanks in advance Cristine - sounds like you are gonna be able to help me out which is totally awesome. And for anyone else, you'll be hearing my voicemail for the next few days if you call cause I need to activate my "new" phone. One thing that sucks is losing all of my phone numbers from my phone book and some funny saved text messages that I had. O well, looks like I'll have to create and save some new memories.

Getting back to the weekend - it was a blast (well, everything except for the snowboarding). I guess it actually started on Thursday night when Etch and I did the grocery shopping at Food Basics. $212 later - we were done and had all the food. Man, I didn't think it would take as long as it did but then again, I don't think I've ever shopped for food for 16 people before. We had tonnes of stuff - main stuff, snacks, appetizers, desserts, drinks - I think we did well overall. The was definitely NO shortage of food the entire weekend either and man, there was a lot of sitting around eating and drinking the whole time. I really wish I could have "sweated" a little at some point cause I was starting to feel gross just sitting or standing around after eating so much.

It rained all afternoon/evening on Friday night and then got really cold overnight so all that did was freeze everything that was on the hill. Needless to say, boarding in that ice was quite difficult (and painful when I fell on my knee or butt). It's so hard to carve and catch an edge on ice like that. Luckily, I had just had my snowboard waxed and tuned up so I think it was in tip top shape.

Changing gears - I haven't posted in a while and one thing I'd like to do is Congratulate the 2006 World Junior Hockey Champions - Canada with their convincing 5 - 0 win over Russia a couple weeks ago. In other sports news, I finally pulled off a deal in my hockey pool and upgraded my defence corps so we'll see what happens now but hopefully it'll pay dividends.

One final thing. 24 Season 5 begins tonight. Although I've been saying all along that I am going to skip this - I just can't and I think I'll be watching the 2 hour season premier. Man, this week to week thing is gonna kill me though.

No comments: