Sunday, January 29, 2006

trash filled evening

Last night was Ketan's birthday and the posse got together to go out and the theme was "trash". Yep, that's right. So where did we go? Well, we went to Hooters for dinner of course and then Cockodile (oops, Crocodile) Rock for drinks. It started off with a bang at Hooters. Sam and Raquel got there first and told the servers that we had a reservation cause we had reserved the couches by the big TV (since there were 7 of us and we wanted to watch the Leafs-Habs game). Apparently when they got there, there were these 3 black guys sitting in the couches and they had to be moved to accomodate us. When the rest of us got there, we were just sitting around shooting the $hit, etc and then we noticed that those three guys that were sitting in the couches AND were now sitting on some crappy benches were actually NBA players. They were Mike Bibby, Francisco Garcia and none other than Ron Artest (as an aside - Ron Artest is the guy that got suspended for the entire season last year cause he got in a fight with fans in Detroit and he's also the guy who said he needed to take time off to work on his album so the suspension was no problem).

Anyway, these guys were having their night before a game dinner at Hooters. They were eating curly fries, wings, burgers but no booze - just water bottles. It was hilarious seeing these guys eating in Hooters. No one was really bothering them and they eventually took off anyway. But man, they are tall. So, we asked our waitress what kind of tip they left. She went and asked the waitress that was taking care of them and apparently, they left a tip BELOW 15%. Can you believe that??? Their total bill was probably no more than $50 CDN and they left below a 15% tip. Wow. That is totally tight! But a story nonetheless.

The fun continued at Cock Rock where of course, the music sucked and so did most of the people. It definitely made for fun people watching. Ketan and I started playing pool and were running the table for a bit. At one point, I was shooting and had one ball left before going for the 8-ball. As I was lining up my shot, there was this girl leaning on the table and her butt was right in my line of site. I joking said to Ketan and Nikhil - what if I hit that girl in the butt with the ball? We all started laughing. It was too perfect. Well, as I was winding up my shot, my conscious got the better of me and I decided - No, I shouldn't do it. But in the end, I said Fugg it and I went for it so as I did my shot, I hit under the cue ball so it hit my ball and then bounced and boom - hit her right in the cheeks. She was so startled and look around and we were all killing ourselves. I went over and apologized and after the game bought her a drink to say I was sorry. But man, that was totally priceless. I couldn't believe it actually worked so well. I didn't get my shot in by the way (it missed by inches). But, we did win the game so that was good.

Off to Quebec City tomorrow morning for the next 4 days for work. Talk later.

No comments: