Sunday, January 22, 2006

in pain...

...first because I had my first DB practice this morning (after a few months). We weren't doing any pool paddling. Just the regular 2 hour cardio, weight and stretching INTENSE practice. My legs are hurting, my arms are in pain, my shoulders are feeling it. It's definitely a good feeling cause I know I worked hard but wow, I haven't felt like this in a while. Its all about proper stretching though. Gotta stay on that.

...second because after practice, I got together for a less than great brunch (just the food was less than great) with Ashwat, Romi and Samp at the Summit Grill at Yonge and Eglinton. The food was OK. It was definitely better the last time I went there but hey, can't win 'em all I guess. I really wanted to get their sweet potato fries with my omelette but instead I got the regular home fries cause I didn't know they had the other ones. Doh! One funny part was when the snooty waiter dropped all of our dishes after clearing the table. That definitely brought a nice smile to my face. Especially cause he wasn't the greatest waiter.

...third because my eyes/brain are confused. This weekend, I saw some shortfilms. First, on Friday night with Kris and Etch, we watched this collection of shorts that Kris brought. There's really nothing else to say other than THEY SUCKED. Man, I couldn't get into any of the 3 we watched. Something about "The Delicious" and some other guy that wanted to become a fish. They were definitely hurting. To make up for it, on Saturday night, I went to the National Film Board to watch another short film. My buddy Nikhil (aka Jugular) was in a movie called Andy in the City. It was a good movie and definitely cool to see Nikhil on screen. The concept was quite heavy and the character development was pretty good, especially for a short. After the movie, we watched some short films in the lobby. It's really cool cause anyone can just go there and sit in the lobby and watch movies. They have these really cool seats that have built in speakers in the headrests so you just sit back and relax. We watched some some "Science is fun-type" movies that simply explained science concepts like Explosions and Fire. They were quite amusing.

...fourth because tomorrow is the big federal election. Should be quite an interesting result. I'm not sure I wanna see the Conservatives in power but the Liberals kinda confuse me too. The mud-slinging is the worst though. Why can't anyone just focus on what they do well? As opposed to pointing out all the faults and shortcomings of the others. No one can build any credibility this way. It's just stupid.

...fifth because tomorrow is the 5th episode of 24: Season 5. I've been waiting a week and man, it's quite good so far! Can't wait for tomorrow although it's only going to be 1 hour so man, that is gonna go by way too fast!

No comments: