Thursday, January 26, 2006

New Government, New Investments, New Adventures...

So, the Conservatives are in power now, eh? And with Paul Martin stepping down, it appears that the Liberal party will be in a bit of shambles for a little while. Seems optimal for the Conservatives to get some stuff done because their official opposition is without a leader. Well - our country definitely needed some change. I just don't think this is the right change. Hopefully the NDP and Liberals will keep the Conservatives accountable and we'll probably end up having another election sooner rather than later because that's how it seems to go when you have a Minority government. Here's a funny website with some images of our parliamentary leaders

Saw a condo with Etch last night. Kris, Etch and I were throwing around some investment ideas so we thought we'd check it out. Man, it's funny how different event he subtlest change can make something look/feel. This condo was "identical" to Etchs - only a mirror image. But because it had an enclosed den, the space almost felt completely closed off. So subtle but man, it totally was. Etch's just feels so much more open and liveable. I'm sure part of it has to do with the fact that his is painted very nicely and he's got it set up great with nice furniture but it definitely felt different (although it was "identical"). Needless to say, I think that investment idea is not gonna pan out.

Speaking of investments, I recently got a new Financial Planner who is a friend of the family and will help me learn this stuff and make my money "work for me". Nothing wrong with that. I hope it starts working double time now!

So, my plans for the rest of 2K6 are coming together quite nicely. Everything is finalizing itself and my departure date is February 27. Lots to see and do before then so stay tuned.

No comments: