Saturday, June 29, 2002

Hello all,

Sorry I've been away for a few days. I have been reenergizing myself and it's been good. I jogged 5 out of the last 7 days (including this morning before I am leaving for Montreal/Ottawa for the longweekend). The fitness is definitely improving so I've got nothing to complain about at all. Two days ago (the 27th) was my mom's birthday so I was going to have flowers sent to her office but she was taking a half day so they would not have gotten there in time. Instead I had them waiting here for her when she got back. The best thing though was that I baked a lemon cake for her that night. It actually turned out pretty good. I guess you can't go too wrong with a Crocker mix though, eh? It was my first foray into baking though. We'll see when I try something from scratch. Tchao says that Cooking is an Art but Baking is a Science. I think that I tend to agree with him. The other night, I made a really good pasta dish for dinner too. I tried this new white cream sauce with tomatoes using milk, two grated cheeses, garlic, tomatoes and a touch of cinnamon (don't ask me where I got this recipe) - I just come up with it in my head.

So, yesterday I watched another Hindi movie - Kabi Kushee Kabi Ghum. That was a stupid movie. The entire second half was retarded and really really didn't make sense. I guess since my recent conversion into Hindi movies, I am not 2 for 3. We'll see how the next one goes. I will wait a bit though cause I have to get caught up on Western movies.

So, I am going to Montreal/Ottawa this weekend with Tchao, Ketan, Su-Lin, Joel, Linda, Tai and Miranda. It should be a good time. Two things - I have never partied in Montreal (can you believe it?) and I have never been to Ottawa for Canada day. Needless to say, I am very excited about this trip. Full update on Monday.

Have a great long weekend all you Canadians!

No comments: