Monday, June 24, 2002

The last few days have been excellent. My unpacking is pretty much all finished and I am really liking the way it is all coming together. My obsessive compulsive self has found a place for everything and a proper way of arranging everything. But, I am still changing it around all the time because that is just the way I am.

Thursday night was Karen's goodbye dinner. Wow...it's weird to think that she has moved away to start her life. That'll be all of us some day...she's just one of the first so it is scary. Friday was really nice. I met a friend for a picnic in the afternoon and then we watched Monsoon Wedding which was a really good Indian movie (mostly in English). That night, went to Aarti's party and man, she has a beautiful house. I had a good time chilling out and I wanted to say thanks a lot to Aarti and her family cause they put so much together - ALL the booze AND food. It was really great. I got home at around 2:00 and watched the Korea - Spanish game. YEAH KOREA! Got up at around 8:00 to watch the conclusion of Senegal - Turkey as well. Saturday, I took Danielle out for her birthday. We went to Yorkdale and had sushi and just hung out for the afternoon so that was cool. I made quesadilla's for the family for dinner last night and they turned out pretty good so I was happy about that. After dinner last night, it was a lot of fun because I went out with the Marathi posse. We went to the Left Bank on Queen street and it was just really nice to hang out with all of them and catch up.

Went for a jog this morning and it was painful than the others so far. I'm not sure why but I'll just have to go again tomorrow morning and let that sort it self out. Maybe I need new shoes...we'll see about that. I went to Walmart today and bought a CD Tower cause I needed somewhere to put all my CD's. Keeping them all in a box just wasn't working anymore. I watched a Hindi movie tonight - Dil Chaatha Hai. It was really really good. I would reccomend it to anyone. I watched the one with English subtitles cause my Hindi is still not the greatest but I am working on it... The songs in that movie are also really good. That is one of the Hindi movie soundtracks that I bought in India.

Tomorrow night is dinner (Ethiopian food) with the Waterloo posse and Tuesday all day is an orientation/welcome session. I am going to have to do a little research tomorrow night to make sure that I am on the ball with any current industry news. I will also have to act all civilized in a work setting - haven't had to do that in a long time so that should be a treat.

That's all she wrote for now folks...

No comments: