Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Insomnia.

Nope, I am not suffering from that these days although I think that I may have had a mild case of it a few weeks ago (perhaps that was just jetlag coupled with staying up to watch world cup soccer though). In fact, that is the title of the movie I watched this evening with JLo. We saw Insomnia staring Al Pacino, Hilary Swank (I like that last name) and Robin Williams. The movie was good but at times, it was a little farfetched. Not to say that it was way out there but there were just a bunch of little things that didn't totally make sense (i.e., why did ____ just do that? or why didn't ________ admit that?). Anyway, overall - a pretty good movie. Three thumbs up from this critic.

Still on my list this summer are minority reports, road to perdition, star wars, spiderman, about a boy and goldmember (soon to open).

Tomorrow morning is golfing with my uncle. Should be good and I am looking forward to lighting up the course. On the weekend, I played in Hamilton with Vas, Jay and his father-in-law. I played pretty well - it was my first 18 of the year and I ended up shooting a 108. But, I did have an over 300 yard drive so that was pretty damn sweet!

This past weekend, I saw Karsh Kale perform at the Harbourfront Centre. The concert was fantastic and you all gotta listen to some Indian Fusion. Check out his site, Talvin Singh's site and stuff about Tabla Beat Science. All very very good music to dance and also to chill to. The highlight of the night though occured back stage after the show. Me and some of my marathi buddies had gone back to meet Karsh (cause he is Marathi and our paraents know his parents). Anyway, my buddy Nikhil a.k.a Jugular just started beat boxing on his own (He is a professional). This other guy came up and joined him. For the next 45 minutes, the two of them were beat boxing, freestyling and ripping off wicked lyrics to all sorts of different beats like jungle, soca, reggae and hip hop. What an awesome performance. By the way, for anyone interested - Jugular is performing on August 16th at Mendi, Masti, Masala at Harbourfront Centre.

Yesterday, I had a conference call regarding orientation in three weeks. MAN, I AM STARTING WORK IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS!!!! Holy, I can't believe that "the rest of my life is starting so soon".

No comments: