Friday, July 26, 2002

A lot has happened since I last updated ya'll on my life. The big thing was that I decided to backup everything, format my entire computer and then start again with a new O/S. So - onn Wednesday afternoon, I went to Ashvin's house to get started. After backing up what I thought would be important, we typed that fun phrase "format c:" and then watched the magic. Next was installing Win2K and once that was good to go, it was on to software like Office XP, Photoshop, Flash, etc. Then - I took my machine upstairs to his room and connected to the Net through his cable connection to download and install the Windows Service Packs and get other software from the Web (coming home and using my dial up connection would have been silly). The next morning, I turned on my machine only to discover that the DVD player wasn't working, CD's weren't playing, I had no sound and I couldn't get my modem to work to get me online. I called a few souls and eventually found Tai who told me to bring my CPU over to his house for some much needed assistance. After downloading the proper drivers from HP (Thanks a huge bunch Kevin), I was good to go again and then it was just getting random software off of Tai and making sure sound was working. All good right? Wrong. I got home and yesterday evening, I went to get online and again it wasn't working and then, my sounds weren't working either. I could play DVD's and MP3's but couldn't listen to them. Frustrated, I went to bed. This morning, Ashvin came over and I don't know what he did - but all was working fine when he left. There was a crazy storm so I turned off my machine. And when I returned after the movies, I turned it back on only to find out that sound isn't working again (but at least the modem is)

HELP!!!!!!!!!! is all I can scream. This is getting frustrating.

Earlier, in the week - I played a nice round of golf. I hit three 250+ yard drives so that was sweet. But alas...can't put the complete game together. I had the long game going but the short game was hurting.

On Monday night, I went to play pool with Ketan and Candance. It was an absolute debacle. I can't believe how bad i sucked. I LOST 7 STRAIGHT GAMES!!! man, that was really really really horrible. i scratched on the 8-ball 5 times. the funniest thing happened afterwards though. we were driving home (going eastbound on Finch towards Midland). we were stopped at the red light and this tonka truck yellow jeep beside us starting reving his engine cause he wanted to race. we just looked at him. but then, his car stalled just as the light turned green. that was some funny ish! we just took off without a problem.

On Tuesday, it was tough to see Keon go. The Raptors were in a very tough situation with this new salary cap. I saw Road to PErdition on Tuesday night.

No comments: