Sunday, March 23, 2003

hey folks. it's now sunday morning. i am sitting at the dining table, eating cereal, listening to CNN and staring out the window onto a sunny sunday morning in waukesha, wisconsin. i just caught up on a bunch of blogs - tchao, chooey, karen, craig, nick, christine, julie, kev, tai. it had been a while since reading what all my buddies are up to. it's great to hear that everyone is well. some randoms...

Christine - I totally understand how you are feeling and what questions are going through your head. Introspection is a good thing but at times, it can really get to you because you start wondering what if, what it, what it
Nick - Corporate life ain't the best. I am trying to find the silver clouds. Not sure what's going to happen...but we shall see.
Chooey - Congrats on the promotion...that is fantastic. What new roles do you have now that you are a manager?

Introspection seems to be a trend in a lot of my friends lives. At times, I thought I was the only one but I think that times such as the ones that we are in today bring it out in everyone. What can we really do I suppose? I guess just concentrate on what is important to us and what makes us feel good. Like friends and family. I spoke to my parents and brother yesterday (we three-wayed: Toronto, Milwaukee and London). It was pretty good. Oh yeah, if you didn't know...my bro got a new job in London and moved there this week. It's pretty cool so we'll have to see how that progresses. I can't wait to go and visit.

India lost the World Cup of Cricket to Australia this morning by quite a bit. Australia was far superior and it wasn't that close. Indians everywhere were so excited that India was in the final. It would have been awesome had they won...but alas, what can you do? I hope though that the Indian fans are supportive when the team returns in a day or two. The worst would be if a mob mentality breaks out and the people start booing, yelling, screaming, etc. Somehow, I think that it won't be like it happens here when for instance Canada gets silver in a big hockey tournament.

March Madness has started (it's only been 3 days) but damn, it has been a lot of fun so far. Buzzer beaters and last minute triumphs. My bracket is pretty much done but that's cool...it's all in good fun. I still have a chance though as long as Kentucky loses to Wisconsin or Pittsburgh and I have a Kansas - Syracuse final. Then, I'll be laughing...and a whole lot richer!

Saw Bringing Down the House last night. Wow...that was not what I expected. It was quite politically incorrect and quite shocking at times. It had some funny times but overall, it was an interesting film. Don't bother with the theatre...you can wait for video.

So - here i my plan for the next little while, seeing as I've only got another 5 weeks in Milwaukee:
1) Study and understand my products so I'm not an ass when I start selling
2) Continue with my gym routine that has fallen by the wayside of late - and be good at it
3) Continue my cooking exploits...I've been pretty good of late
4) Watch my snacking in between meals
5) Burn a bunch of CD's
6) Update this website (Amisha, I need your help)

And that is it for now...
Off to watch some bball.
Lates.

No comments: