Sunday, March 02, 2003

It's Sunday night - 6:00 pm. Sitting on my couch watching 60 minutes. They are talking about Mr. Hussein's assets and his ability to hide them around the world in false companies.

Anyway, that is not important at all. What is important is that I just had the most amazing weekend. I was in Minneapolis - St. Paul this weekend for a weekend of art, culture, music and poetry. It was fantastic. I went on Friday after work to hang out with Nikhil and Gurpreet. Or - as you may know them...Jugular and The Tabla Guy. These guys are absolutely incredible. I've known Nikhil since I was a kid and every time I see him perform...he is so much better than the last time. Gurpreet - is simply untouchable. I haven't seen him perform that much but damn, this performance this weekend was off the hook. You've gotta check out some of his tracks on his site...they are awesome. I also hung out with an R&B singer named Sumeet. She's originaly from London, ON and now lives/works in New York. Her CD will be coming out soon and damn, she has an amazing voice as well.

I must say that this weekend was fantastic. It was so full of energy and inspiration. I really enjoyed spending time with Nikhil, Gurpreet, Sumeet, Chamindika and Pradeepa. They are all artists in different mediums but they all share something very core to the bone. Passion. I've had plenty of conversations with many of you over the past couple of weeks and done a lot of introspective thinking as well. This weekend really helped me out and made me really think about what is important to me. I know what this is and I just need to figure out what to do with it now. I'll keep you posted on what I figure out.

Have a great week...




No comments: