Sunday, March 16, 2003

This weekend, Cristine and Florence have been visitng. It's been great to have them around here just hanging out. We went shopping on Friday and Saturday and damn, I haven't spent that much money in a LONG time. I got one long sleeve shirt, two stylin' golf shirts, boxers, khakis, jeans, dress pants, black dress shoes and a tie. All in all, I'd say that it was a pretty succesful couple of outings. But damn, my bank account will be feeling it shortly.

Last night I had a sushi party. It was absolutely amazing. I have this buddy named Sam here in Milwaukee. He is a Thai guy who is a sushi chef. He makes house calls. We had 26 people at this party last night and Sam makes Sushi for everyone. He makes everyone. All the appetizers like edame, spring rolls, and different sashimi (salmon, tuna, unagi, couple others). Then he also makes any roll you want (including hand rolls). And everyone just mingles, enjoys themselves and chill out. It's really a great atmosphere and the food is so yummy so everyone is happy. I was rolling some rolls at the end of the night...and they turned out pretty well. Guess that's what having some "rolling experience" will do, eh? I had a screaming tuna roll which basically had about triple the normal amount of wasabi. As you are chewing this roll, your mouth progressively gets hotter and hotter. It spreads down your through, up your nose and into your eyes. Man, that was a crazy feeling! The thing is though...you can't do anything about it and damn, it clears out your sinuses by the end. My favourite roll that he made was a fruit roll. Possibly going to be called the "Wisconsin Roll". It had avocado, cucumber, mango and kiwi in it. It was so awesome! A flavour explosion in your mouth.

I'll write more soon about other randoms throughout the week.

No comments: