Wednesday, February 26, 2003

I got one of those "you know you grew up in the 80's when..." e-mails. and I must say that there were a couple things in it that were absolutely hilarious. Here is a sampling:

> > 3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair"
> > 12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
> > 15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
> > 17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) with friends at school.
> > 22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
> > 26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
> > 32. You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up.
> > 36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
> > 40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
> > 43. "Dont worry, be happy"
> > 52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.

Had dinner with my friend Sherry tonight at a place called Craw Daddy's. The food was good. It's actually pretty weird. I was planning on making salmon for Sherry tonight and I was going to try pan-searing it on our cast-iron pan. I've never done this before but I totally wanted to try it out. Then for a sauce, I was thinking of making some sort of melange of orange and garlic butter. I didn't end up cooking cause Dave and Veronica were cooking after I got out of the shower. Instead - Sherry and I went out to this place and what did I see on the menu? Blackened Salmon (pan seared in a cast iron skillet) with a orange, rosemary butter sauce with glazed carrots, sauteed mushrooms and wild rice. It was totally weird to see that on the menu. I ordered it. It was good. I definitely think that I could make that so we'll see when I get around to it.

This weekend - going to Minneapolis to see Nikhil, aka Jugular, perform - can't wait! He is going to be the bomb!!!

It's 10:00. Time for bed. Good night.

No comments: