Tuesday, February 25, 2003

folks...the weekend in toronto was fantastic. But alas, it was WAY TOO SHORT. I got into town on Friday night - arrived at around 8:00 pm. But I didn't leave the airport until almost 9:30 cause my brother's flight from London was delayed. Needless to say, I was tired and restless and SICK OF THE AIRPORT. Got back to Scarborough after a taxi fiasco and finally relaxed. Had dinner with my brother (my mom had left all the food out for us). I then met up with Tchao and we went to Marty's place to hang out with him, Craig, Chad and Morgan. It was a great evening...totally what I was looking for and very chilling. We ended up at this place called the Unicorn - an Irish pub at Yonge and Eg - it was fun and there was a very eccectic group of weird peeople as well. The night went pretty late and it was just awesome to chill with Smith and Tchao.

Prior to getting to Marty, something crazy really happened. I went to apartment 406 with Tchao right behind me. I heard noises inside so I didn't bother knocking and I just opened the door and went inside. I said "Hello" but didn't hear anyone or see anyone in the living room. Then I look right and saw a girl in the bathroom brushing her teeth. I didn't see all of her but she kind of leaned back to look past the wall of the bathroom and said "hey". Then she realized who I was, or actually, who I wasn't and she said "Who the hell are you" I then realized that I was in the wrong apartment and quickly said "Sorry Maam, I'm in the wrong apartment". Tchao and I ran out the door and down the hall to the stair case where we stopped to catch our breath and laugh like crazy. Alls I gots to say is holy!, I can't believe I did that. I totally violated that woman's personal space. I eventually remembered that Marty lives in 506 - we went up and it was all good. Telling that story to people is pretty funny. I just think...what must have been going through her head when she saw a complete stranger in her apartment?

This must happen more often than we think cause apartment buildings all look the same and I'm sure that when someone expects someone else, they leave their door open. Anyway...that was a pretty crazy evening.

Saturday was great - my mom made a FANTASTIC lunch. It was SO YUMMY. Man, if I am ever even half the cook that my mom is...that will be incredible cause she truly is the best out there. The way she mixes spices and all the food - it's just magical. Saturday night, I saw my niece Ankita and it was great to hang with her. After that - I went to Fez Batik with my brother, Kanchan and Sachin despite the crazy storm. Fez is an awesome club and they played wicked music. Luke, Malloy and Luen also joined us that evening so it was a fun time. Unfortunately mama nature kinda threw a wrench in my plans cause I was expecting between 25 - 30 people coming out for the night. We stayed until 3 though and it was so awesome the whole time.

Sunday, woke up and got to shovel. Yeah - that was loads of fun. Man - I haven't shovelled in so long...and it was difficult. There was such high winds and blowing snow - it was crazy. Also, there was tonnes of blowing snow and every time we cleared the driveway, it would just dump back down. Sunday was pretty much a lazy day of chilling with my family and enjoying good food yet again. I flew on MidWest Express and it was only delayed for about 35 minutes so that wasn't bad. MidWest was pretty good - there was complimentary champagne. The fresh baked cookies were great too. And leather seats. Basically - it's all business class all the time...pretty sweet.

Well folks...I'm not sure if this message all made sense or if it was clear but I was at work until 8:30 today and it's now 11:00 so it's time to go to sleep. Good night all and for those that I saw or chatted with this weekend in Toronto - it was fantastic to see ya...

No comments: