Sunday, August 14, 2005

What a great weekend!

Thanks primarily to all of my wonderful friends! I had a great time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday just hanging out with peeps, chilling, eating, drinking (a lot of that) and overall, a great time!

Friday, I arrived at Pearson Airport around 6:30. Got through customs and all that jazz, picked up my luggage and I was out the door. Kris picked me up (thanks bro!) and then we proceeded to head to my house where I dropped off my gear and then we took off to get Tchao. The three of us met up with Rahim and went to Yang's all you can eat Sushi on Highway 7. The food and service was GREAT. Definitely the best all you can eat sushi place we've been so far (out of the 6 we've sampled). Prior to dinner, we caught a little fresh air, a requisite now prior to eating copious amounts of sushi. After stuffing ourselves, we went back home where my parents and cousin Suhas had a birthday cake waiting for me so we cut that and hung out for a bit. Perfect day!

Saturday I woke up relatively late, chilled all day with my cousin Suhas. It was great to catch up with him. He is just visiting right now from the UK. He lives in London and just finished his MBA and LBS (London Business School). He completed the 2 year full time program (and also held a full time job at Zurich Bank during his entire second year. He graduated with distinction and got a standing ovation at his convocation. Why you ask? He is blind. But it don't matter cause he's still the man. So, in a nutshell, it was awesome to spend time with him and bounce ideas off him related to future career stuff.

Saturday night, I saw a play called The Decide Show. It was pretty good. A little too preachy from time to time but overall, not bad at all. The concept is that all of our lives are "Choose your own Adventure books". It's up to us to write the pags and not dwell on decisions from the past. Anyway - gives you some good insight into life and gets you thinking. In the end, there aint nothing wrong with that.

After the show, we went to Gypsy Co-op where we met up with several other friends from varied posses. It was a blast to chill and have a few beverages. Well, more than a few but what can you do when people are handing drinks to you all night long, right? By the way, Liquid Cocaine is NOT GOOD at all. Tastes like @$$ if you ask me.

Today, I was supposed to go to the Rogers Tennis Masters Series at York but didn't exactly wake up early so after talking to Kevin, we decided to just forget it. Plus, most of the matches today were pretty crappy since many good players backed out of the tournament. It ended up being quite a chill day just doing much of nothing and catching up on laundry, bills, etc.

Thanks for a lot of fun this weekend everyone.
See you all again soon (I hope).

No comments: