Saturday, August 20, 2005

Wow - that was some rain!!!

I have never seen rain like I did yesterday. And then in such absurd conditions, I had to drive in it as well. That was equally nuts. Cars were literally stopping on the 407 cause we couldn't see what was in front of us or behind us. We were all going at like 20 km/h with our 4 way flashers on. It was pretty freaky. And of course, there were idiots on the road who didn't turn on their headlights so you couldn't see them at all. All that said, I was surprised to see that there were no accidents (where I went anyway).

On the home front there was a little accident... Our basement slightly flooded. In the basement TV room, we have a door to the outside. The screen on the screen door was slightly open and as a result, water seeped in. It wasn't just a little though. A good 40% of the carpet in that room is wet and we had to move the TV and a bunch of other stuff. I think my old Nintendo was ruined in the water. I haven't fully dried it yet to try it but I think it's a goner (as are the games so that is equally sad).

The reason I was driving in that horrid weather last night was to go to my buddy John Roppa's wedding. It was a great evening (I was just super tired). John and Sandra make a great couple and the day was awesome. I haven't seen John that much in the last few years but it was great to be invited and to see his parents after such a long time. Like any good Italian wedding, there was definitely a FEAST. A huge antipasto bar, followed by a great dinner (pasta, fillet mignon, seafood, salad, veggies). Next was a splendid dessert spread (cake, fresh fruit, Italian pastries and a chocolate fondue fountain). And at midnight, they carted out this "porscetta?" Basically, it was this marinated pork and they were making these amazing sandwiches. Man, it was pretty awesome.

On to another wedding this evening (that'll be Number 12 for the year)...
I'll let you know how that one goes.

No comments: