Monday, September 26, 2005

Athletic Prowess

I used to be a guy that could play just about any sport and do relatively well. Lately, I'm finding that my athletic prowess just isn't the same as it used to be. I played squash with Sach yesterday and got my ass kicked. Mind you, I haven't played squash in close to 2 years and Sach plays monthly but damn, I really sucked. Then, over the past few weeks I've played tennis from time to time with Kdot or Ashwat and both times they beat me. Not handily but my serving was sucking and there was just no consistency. I'm sure that the next time I play basketball, I will suck too. And hockey as well. This past summer, I played LOTS of vball and know that my game is improving there but man, I still can't spike well. And I'm pretty sure my dragonboat stroke regressed as the season went on. I ran twice last week. Monday was awesome - I felt like I could go for hours. Friday however was a different story - I ran the same route but I was dead so much quicker. Not sure what happened.

So, what's the reason for all this? Probably the fact that I'm out of shape. I have my days but most of the time - man, I need some work. Time to change up the routine and start to actually do something cause I can't keep going like this. Just not satisfying at all.

In other news regarding bettering myself - Etch, Kris and I went to the David Bach personal finance seminar last week. It was pretty good to listen to and definitely interesting to hear what he had to say. At times though, it was a little over the top - as if the guy is some musical superstar or something. The big takeaway though was that all of the stuff he said is so basic. It's stuff we should be doing without any question. I am part way there. Just gotta work on my RRSP some more and actually invest it properly.

In other news, Etch officially lives downtown now. Last night was his first sleep in the new condo. Congrats Bro!!! That is wicked.

So, I've been growing a beard for the past week. It looks ok. I like it at times but not so much at other times. I try to trim it with my razor but man, that is difficult - I think I gots to get a trimmer if I wanna keep it longer. It's probably going soon though cause I can't really go and see any customers with this wonderful accesory. On Saturday, my mom did say "you know, it actually looks okay". That's after she's been seeing it for about 6 days so maybe she was just getting used to it.

Ravo is in India right now and I was just catching up on his blog. Man, I am jealous of his experiences working there. It sounds so great and it would be awesome to be so close to family and have the opportunity to learn so much about our culture. Some day maybe that'll be me...

No comments: