Sunday, September 18, 2005

Long Overdue

I keep putting this off and now finally, without further adiou (spelling?) I will write about the last 10 days. Where do I begin? First of - last weekend was the LAST dragonboat race of the year. My team, the Komodo Dragons finished 4th in the C Final - so we were something like 23rd overall out of about 150 teams. I guess that was good overall. Dang rules of the stupid race though. We were the second fastest team in the C division (by 100ths of a second) but we ended up seeded 4th in the C final race cause we finished 2nd in our qualifying race. As a result, we were in one of the slowest lanes (lanes 4) and got screwed and finished 4th. So, the season is done for another year. Wow - it was quite a long series but overall, I'd say that we were pretty happy with our results. Definitely improved and got more competitive this year.

Last weekend was also Sachin and Medini's wedding reception which was loads of fun. Good times for sure and it was great to hear Backbone during the dance - definitely a staple at Marathi weddings. Great job MC-ing Reva and Sonu. Good time for sure. Defintiely hurting the following morning when I had to get up early and head back to my races.

The week went by - my first 5 day work week in almost 2 monthes. Totally weird. I just took many Fridays or Mondays so I had tonnes of long weekends this summer. It was definitely a blast. But wow, last week felt like it went on for SSSOOOO long, man oh man.

Friday night was a potluck for Tai's birthday which was a lot of fun. Tonnes of peeps came out and we had so much food - actually I still have lots of leftovers from my 2 dishes in the fridge. It was probably the first time that Goks Guacamole was leftover. I think cause there was dualing guac this time around. And the Blind Taste test says...? Tai, hope you like the ice cream maker. Definitely a fun gift. We'll have to come by when you perfect the method and recipes. I'm looking forward to it.

Today, played tennis with Ketan. He beat me. I sucked today. Couldn't serve worth $hit. Man, I gotta work on my game. I think I need a new racquet. Or I at least gotta get rid of my ratty hot pink grip tape that is no longer grippy. Not at all.

This evening, I went to the Leafs - Senators Preseason Hockey game. I got tickets from work and we were sitting in the Platinums. 7 rows from the Ottawa bench. It was pretty awesome. Totally cool to be so close and hear everything going on and see just how big and fast those guys really are. We were sitting two rows behind the newest Canadian Idol and the runner up. I had no idea who they were but then, they were put on the big screen with their names written. Actually, come to think of it - before the game started, when we were just sitting around waiting and watching the pregame. They were playing Roxanne and other songs on the stereo system in the ACC. Both of the "idolists" were singing along really loud and I remember thinking " wow, those guys are off key - who do they think they are?" Now, I'm not any Andrea Bocelli or anything but I thought that was quite amusing.

There you go, now your caught up.
Talk soon...

No comments: