Monday, September 05, 2005

The end is here

And just like that, summer is over. Tomorrow the traffic starts again in full force. Everyone will be back to school and back to work. No more lazy summer. This past weekend, I took Thursday afternoon and all day Friday off so I had a wonderful 4.5 day vacation. I went to Darien Lake with some friends (just outside of Buffalo) for the Coldplay concert on Thursday night. It was a GREAT show. I'm not a huge fan of the band and don't know all of their music but damn, it was awesome and everything sounded so close to CD quality - that was definitely a treat. The only downside was this one ANNOYING couple. Every few minutes, they would let out this scream that was utterly disgusting. I'm sure I lost some hearing capabilities in my righ ear. The chick especially was terrible - such a shrilly yell - it was so annoying.

I watched a bunch of movies this weekend and they were all quite different.
1. Napolean Dynamite - actually, I didn't watch the whole thing but from what I did see - all I kept thinking was "what is the deal with this movie? why does everyone love it?" I just don't think that i get it.
2. Mad Hot Ballroom - AWESOME and so CUTE. watching little 11 and 12 year olds from NYC learning how to ballroom dance was really a treat and totally entertaining. The kids were so funny especiallly when talking off the cuff for the camera.
3. The Ring 2 - first of all, I HATE HORROR MOVIES. I am the BIGGEST WIMP IN THE WORLD. I was somehow convinced to watch this movie with some of my closest friends Ashwat, Kdot and Raquel). Needless to say, I watched it and I wasn't actually that scared. My buddies told me though that the first one was totally crazy and spooky. I was especting that about this one but it just didn't live up to the hype. Probably a good thing for me though.
4. The Original Kings of Comedy - Bernie Mac, Cedric the Entertainer and the gang do standup routines in Charlotte, NC. Totally going for the black vs. white humour which was absolutely hilarious.

Today, I played nearly 4 hours of beach vball at Ashbridges and now, I am quite tired and sore. Tomorrow, I've got DB practice and our final race of the year is next weekend (Sept 10-11) at Ontario Place so I'm sure it'll be a tough practice.

Guess it's time for bed.
Gotta actually get up early tomorrow.
:o(

No comments: