Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A good day

Well, I'm starting to make some revelations of late. Have been doing a lot of thinking and nothing is concrete as yet but I know that I am starting to sort some things out in my head...

How do you start your day out well? You wake up earlier and take a run. I did my 7k run at 7:30 this morning. I was tired as it was going on but after, I felt so great. It was really energizing and I definitely notice that I'm not "falling asleep" this afternoon like I sometimes do (for those that know the story from my Intria days - insert laughter here).

The weekend was great. The Saturday June 12 First Annual Invitational BBQ and Vball tourny hosted by yours truly and Mr. Tchao was a great success. We had a fantastic turnout of about 18 people, some good grub and some good vball. I guess you can't ask for much more, can you? I also got to see my buddy, Mr. Roppa (after a long time = over 2 years) which was great. Hopefully he and I can connect more over the summer. (But I'll avoid his dog Nova cause I hit her with the volleyball square on the head and I don't think she was that impressed).

This weekend is some dragonboat action at Centre Island. I haven't done the Island festival in years but I hope it goes okay. Every year it's always so slow and delayed - I expect nothing less this time. I also still have alot of stuff to do around the house (after the painting adventure from a few weeks ago). I was cleaning out a bunch of papers yesterday and came across a bunch of proposals and direct mail pieces I had done for Bell ExpressVu when I worked there. Also, the stuff from my first job - a Toronto Star paper route I had back in 1988. There was a bunch of recruiting stuff from a bunch of companies that I was looking at back in my final year of University - the Deloitte's, Accenture's, McKinsey's, IBM's, Microsoft's etc. And then there was the fun from co-op - all the random jobs (whether it was the International Marketing site at the Ontario Science Centre, "Inventory Counting and Moving" at Intria or tonnes of cool stuff (including commercials with Wrestlers at Bell ExpressVu)

Memories oh memories...
Time to make more.

No comments: