Wednesday, July 07, 2004

catching up

I've been back from holidays now for a couple days. First off. I finished watching 24 on Sunday night. So, that was 24 episodes in 1 week. averages about 3 or 4 a night. I was up till about 1 or 2 in the morning everyday last week but when you're hooked on something, I guess that's what happens. Now I have to search out Season 2 and start watching that. Damn, I am totally hooked. I am even thinking of buying the DVDs. We'll see about that.

Quebec City was really nice. Tonnes to see and do. The little neighbourhoods were quaint. The Quebecois were all very nice as well. And of course, the Quebecois women were quite beautiful especially with their French accents. The funniest part was my sorry atempts at French and everytime I would start speaking, they would just answer me in English. They must have thought I was some American butchering their language. Little did they know that I was a Canadian who had learned French for 10 years butchering their language. Of course the food was great on the trip. I love crepes. I need to learn how to make those. I suppose they are quite similar to dosa for you Indians out there. I guess though that I don't know how to make dosas either so perhaps I should learn that as well.

I am planning a bbq/summer fun party for sometime in August. I am initially thinking of August 14 or August 21. Haven't finalized the dates yet but I'll let y'all know as soon as possible. I should probably put the word out sooner rather than later I guess. Hope a lot of you are around on either of those weekends. Actually, can you tell me if one works better than another?

I must welcome some new readers to my blog. You know who you are (if you found it okay). Please take a look around. Sorry it's just words and no text but my continual efforts (although limited) to include more than just text are falling by the wayside... We'll see if that changes in the future.

Vince Carter is really starting to piss me off. Actually, he has pissed me off for quite some time now. But the latest rumblings that he's asking to be dealt (and they weren't confirmed or denied by his STUPID mother) could be the last straw. It will be interesting to see what Babcock (the new GM) does but he is not in a very enviable position b/c Carter's stock is very low right as he has done next to nothing since the 2001 season.

Also - congrats go out to Greece for winning the Euro Cup. That was huge. I wish I could have been at that party on the Danforth - that looked like a lot of fun.


No comments: