Monday, July 19, 2004

Weekend Recap
 
Waterloo Dragonboat Festival - we did pretty well. My old team (Fox 22) had a chance to get back in the boat together for a little reunion race. Our first race was okay but the rate was too high. We posted a 2:18 and it was about the 6h fastest time. Tempest (Cristine's team who won the Toronto Island festival) was at the festival and posted the fastest first time (2:11). We ended up in the A division and raced Tempest along with some other crews in our second race. We were neck and neck with Tempest but they pulled it out in the end with a 2:14 and we had a 2:15. Then, in the last race (the A Final) – we were against Tempest one more time and we had them for about half of the race…until the finish. They turned it up a notch and edged over the line first with a 2:16 and we were a 2:18. All in all, it was an awesome day and for us to be competing with Tempest was really quite wicked.
 
Golf at Markham Greens - nice day with G and Ashwat but overall, the golfing was brutal. It's not a very forgiving course at all and regardless of how many times I've played that course, I still have a brutal round. Afterwards, we paid a visit to the tree that was planted in honour of Kama kaka so that ended the morning nicely.
 
Beach Volleyball at Ashbridges - once again it was perfect. Actually, it was a bit too hot and muggy but we had some good games going. I love playing 4's and 2's. I'm no longer a real fan of 6's. I have totally seen improvements in my game since the season started so that is totally good. I am starting to serve quite well overhand and my spiking is definitely getting better. I can't wait to play in our league game on Wednesday night.
 
Tomorrow, I have a bidness trip up north for a couple days. Should be nice to get up there (although I am not looking forward to the drive). When I'm on the road, life is pretty easy. Check in to the hotel, work out at the gym, eat dinner alone at a restaurant, back to the room, check e-mail, watch tv, sleep. Wake up the next day and start driving to the next customer.
 
Vince Carter can $ucK my #@!*. I am fed up with this fool.  This article on tsn.ca just speaks to how much of a fool he is. He continuously says he's not going to make a comment. He won't deny the rumours but he won't fess up to them either. What are his fans supposed to think? Meanwhile, he wants them all to spend money so they can go to his stupid charity game on the 30th. I also read this interesting article last week saying that Vince and the newly signed Rafer Alston didn't get along when they were teammates in Toronto 2 seasons ago. So, the fact that Alston was resigned by the team is just another reason why Vince might be looking to leave. In a day and age when McGrady, O' Neal and Francis have all been traded - anything can happen and I won't be surprised if Vince is gone shortly. The only thing that pisses me off is that he has played so poorly over the past few years that his market value has completely dropped. And you know that the second he's dealt - he'll improve his game 10-fold (including defence) and play his heart out. The aggravation asscoiated with this guy is so annoying. 
 




No comments: