Friday, July 09, 2004

stuff on the mind

It's really interesting how you can be so preoccupied with other stuff that you start screwing up things that you should be focused on. Case in point. Last night at Dragonboat practice - I was paddling in the front right seat. I've been there for most of the season and have been improving my storke and reach so it's been good. However, last night I proceeded to STINK the joint out. It was easily my worst practice ever. I kept fouling up (especially by the breakers) and as a result screwing up Karen beside me or Anita behind me, not to mention soaking Andrew (the coach) in the process. Why was I so crap last night? Some say it was cause the boat was very left heavy, others comment on the wind and water conditions. I think it may have been those things to a lesser degree but also, my mind just wasn't in it. There were a million things racing through my head last night - most notably, changes at work, some personal life crap and the fact that I narrowly missed getting a speeding ticket when I was coming off of the Gardiner onto the Lakeshore. I was totally speeding (going about 80 in a 60 as I was coming off the onramp). There were 2 cops with a camera watching cars coming off the road and telling them to pull over. Luckily...both of those cops were writing tickets for a couple other people so as I zoomed pass (and quickly slowed down), I passed the unoccupied radar camera. Wheew...that was close.

Anyway, I had a good night sleep. Woke up on the right side of the bed today and now, I will say it loud - TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!!

Chilling with Kris and Tchao at the Toronto Street Festival tonight so that should be good.
Playing some beach vball at Ashbridge's tomorrow afternoon if you are interested.

Have a splendid day...

No comments: