Friday, November 11, 2005

a little shocked

I was watching The Fifth Estate last night. It's a news documentary show on CBC that airs once a week. When I remember, I try to watch it cause it is quite informative. Last night's episode was called "Fasten Your Seatbelts" and it was all about airport security across Canada. Or perhaps, lack there of. A guy (former Airport Security head in the US) was a special guest and he was going around to Canadian airports trying to "break" through with illegal objects. He was also able to get into assorted restricted areas. He definitely knows what to do and who to exploit but I guess very determined terrorists are going to plan their attacks accordingly and could do a lot of what he was doing and showing us. It was quite scary to find out how easy it is to make a bomb as well. The kicker for sure had to be the assorted interviews with the CATSA spokesperson. CATSA is the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority and they are responsible for keeping us "safe". The reporter was asking this spokesman several very direct, pointed questions about breeches that they exposed, information that she as an average person was able to locate, etc. The guy just continued to spew the company line and looked like a complete idiot anytime he said "so, I don't think that is a security breech" when it most clearly was. They said that Ottawa has collected close to $2,000,000 for "security" improvements across airports nationally. A lot of experts are saying that all that money is just more of an asthetic fix and doesn't really amount to much at all.

I was on an all liquid diet yesterday (well, actually from dinner on Tuesday night until Lunch today so that was close to 36 hours. I had to get some tests done today and as a result had to be on this diet. Man, that was difficult. Moreso cause I was just sick and tired of drinking. I had some consomme for dinner (smelled and looked NASTY). And I had jello for dessert (now I know why I don't eat that stuff anymore). Overall, yesterday sucked for food. I hope that the coming days are better. Actually, tomorrow night should be cause a group of us are going to the Sultan's Tent for some eats.

No comments: