Sunday, November 20, 2005

Winter Travel

this post was actually written on Friday night...

I sit here at Pearson Airport just waiting. Why you ask? Cause the stupid luggage area of the plane is frozen shut! Yeah, you heard me. I just landed in Toronto after my flight from Winnipeg. We were sitting on the tarmac for about 20 minutes cause there was no staff to welcome us at the gate. Then, once we got off the plane and came to baggage – we were waiting for about 10 minutes before an announcement said “Sorry for the delay for passengers who just arrived on Flight 266 from Winnipeg, but the luggage compartment is frozen shut and we are doing what we can to open it. We cannot give you an estimate on how long this will take.”

So, what have I learned this week? That air travel in the winter SUCKS! Man, I have been inside too many airports this week for too long a period of time.

Oh, an update at 12:02 AM (just 15 minutes after we’ve been waiting already). The guy came on the loudspeaker and said “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an update. At present, we are sending two of our finest agents to the gate to find out what the problem is and they will report back with a better time estimate as soon as possible”. So now I must continue to wait for the “fine agents” to get back to me and tell me how much longer I will be waiting. My money is on 35 minutes at least. This blows.

Well, I was waiting for about 30 more minutes. Finally the bags came and I got in the cab. The fun didn't end cause the cabbie missed my exit off the highway so we had to go past and come back. Man, that was a crazy week! Glad it's done. Let the fun begin again next Saturday when I leave for Chicago...

No comments: