Friday, August 09, 2002

It's Friday. My first week at work has come and gone. I'm ready for the next 45 years - BRING IT ON!

Holy crap, that sounds pretty scary but it's weird, I've actually heard that from about 3 or 4 different people so far this week. Everyone has that thing in their head that they see themselves working in the same company, same job for that long. I won't be able to do that for too long at all...I am definitely gonna have change up the old career every now and again to keep it spicey.

Wednesday night - the BBQ at Dave's place was great. The house is amazing. I really like it and definitely wanna live there. He has it set up really nice and it is fully furnished. Looks pretty classey too...like a "grown-up" place. Tall ceilings, bbq, awesome kitchen, my own bathroom - can't go wrong at all! Met most of Dave's friends and they are all really cool. Can't compare to the UW posse though but a good replacement while he is over here.

Last night we went to the Wisconsin State Fair. It was basically a larger version of the CNE but it was pretty fun. "Carney's" everywhere. And lots of crazy fried food. Have any of you ever seen or drank beer out of a plastic bottle? I guess there is a first time for everthing. Some of the guys on the team and our manager had a little friendly competition to see who could hit the furtherest drive at the golf game at the carnival. My best was 217 yards. Good but not great. I really don't know how accurate that sensor was though. Plus I was wearing jeans and sport sandals...but I am not making excuses or anything. As a team - we all went on one of those crazy spinny rides. It was really fun and such a cool sensation when we were on that thing. It was wicked. After the fair, we went out to a local night spot called 1225. It was okay. Pretty much the same thing as Whiskey Saigon and Joker and those kinds of places. Nothing great but whatever. Steve knows one of the bartenders so we were getting some nice beverages courtesy of her. Thank you very much Erin.

Today has been a good day. Got to sleep in because today is supposed to be our "apartment hunting" day. I am gonna be living with Dave in November for 6 months though so I didn't need to loook for a place. I just chilled out today. Went for a long run (not as long as Tchao just yet though), played pool in the basement, surfed the net, e-mailed and did no work (just like my University days). Tonight we are going to the Brewers - Expos game at Miller Park (the new retractable room stadium here in Milwaukee). GO EXPOS!!! Then, gonna party it up tonight.

Tomorrow, more chilling. I should do some work though.

No comments: