Saturday, August 31, 2002

It's Labour Day weekend and I actualy forgot this was a long weekend. Very weird cause I expected that once I started in the working world, I would turn into one of those people who look forward to their next weekend every Monday. Slowly, I will probably turn into that guy but for now, it is all still new so I guess it's okay that I am not that way yet. I am a big nerd right now cause I am working on my laptop and my desktop at the same time. I've got two mice in my hands navigating on two monitors...what a loser!!!

Last night was a lot of fun. Su-Lin is moving to Kingston for the next 5 years for her joint Law/Masters degree which is really awesome. Congrats Su-Lin! So, we all went out to Marche last night for dessert and just chilling out. I really had a good time hanging out with most of the old high school posse. It was fun just catching up and finding out what everyone else is up to these days. It was also great to see etch who I haven't seen in almost a month. It was just like old times which was great. Joking around about business cards, breathmints, shoehorns and of course intria. $hit I can't believe that Eric's job at CIBC has him dealing with Wendy (my former boss from Intria ). There is a name I didn't expect to ever hear again. She was a pretty bad boss back during that co-op term. That is where I got my satisfactory evaluation (and all the rest have been excellents or outstandings). That job was so bad too. Most of you, I am sure have heard the stories...

I watched Fight Club the other night. Haven't seen that movie in a few years. It was pretty good again but I still don't totally get it. I am not sure if you are supposed to totallly get it though. In any case, good flick and norton and pitt were a great combo. That night, I went to Ashvin's place with Ketan and we chilled out. Had some awesome steaks on the barby so that was great. Thanks a lot for dinner Ashvin...it was some good $hit.

It's Saturday night and I am sitting in my room updating my webpage. What a loser! My parents are out at someone's house for dinner so I get to reheat some leftovers when I get hungry. I ask you, who is the man??? In any case, I was sitting here thinking about things. It seems that almost everyone I called today to see what they were doing tonight seems to have plans with their boyfriend or girlfriend. So, I get to sit here at home on my own. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, it would be great to find that special someone but she ain't out there yet. I'll know when I find her though and so will all of you.

In any case, work is keeping me super busy so all's good. I got to see my first customer yet. That was an interesting experience since I totally forgot what it was like to sit in a boardroom with another company discussing strategy and implentation of a plan. That'll be me leading the conversation soon enough. I was doing this online sales training CD yesterday and in the office and it was the funniest thing in the world. I failed it 5 times before I finally passed. Man, I am an absolute idiot. It was out of 35 and if you got more than 4 wrong, you failed so I really had to know my stuff. I wrote down most of the questions cause they were repeating a lot but damn, it still took me too long cause I got lazy and stopped paying attention to my notes. Did I tell ya? I am going to Milwaukee next week for a couple days of training. That is exciting but the weirder thing is that I am flying home to Toronto on September 11, 2002.

The one year anniversary. Man, that is gonna be weird. I think that that week and especially that day is gonna be filled with so much U.S. patriotic propaganda. There are gonna be so many tributes and memorials. I am definitely gonna try and avoid the TV for a few days.

Off to eat some thawing hot dogs in the sink...

:o)

No comments: