Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Hello everyone,

I have returned from my westcoast journey and I absolutely loved it. It was fantastic and I can't wait to return. I've got lots to write but not tonnes of time so I am going to write until I get tired and then continue more tomorrow.

First off - My heart goes out to everyone that has perished or was injured in the terrorist bombings in Bali. I feel a lot closer to this particular event cause it was only 5 months ago that I was at both of those clubs partying with Eric and Karen. And, now - they don't exist. It's absolutely crazy. I don't really know what to say...it's weird cause Bali really is like an island paradise tucked away from everything else. It's very commercialized and there are tonnes of tourists there but it's really pretty peaceful and beautiful for the most part. I think that out of all of Indonesia, Bali is definitley the most visited island so tourism dollars are mucho mucho in Bali. Indonesia is completely Muslim except for Bali so if Al Queda is behind this - that kind of makes sense because I don't know if they would bomb somewhere with majority Muslims. I'm not sure what else to say right now except I was pretty overcome with emotion last night when I heard about this story. I had a tough time falling asleep last night and was worried I was going to have some crazy dreams.

Happy Birthday Ashvin, Manasi and Sachin. Hope you guys all had fantastic days.

While in Vancouver - it came to my knowledge that a lot more people than I knew are actually reading my webpage. I think that is really cool but I also think that I gotta do something with it now. I mean, it's fine for news about me but really, people want more than just text. There has to be some colour, some picture, some sound. I gotta work on this thing so please bear with my while the transition process occurs. And sorry for writing about my morning routine some time over the past month (according to Vas). I still don't know when I did but I apoligize nonetheless. You know how it goes though...some days, there just ain't any news.

This past weekend, I was in Whistler with Vas and it was...well, words can't really describe how good it was. I mean - the scenery, the views, the people, the climate. You can't go wrong at all. It's just out of this world but actually, it's only a 5 hour flight and 1.5 hour drive away so I think that I might go again...SOON!!! I think that out of all my friends, Vas definitely has the best gig and I am totally envious of his life right now. Damn, how can you compete with that. Great job in a great location doing what you love to do.

On Friday of last week (before going up to Whistler), I finally did the Grouse Grind . I've wanted to do this hike for a long long long time but I haven't been in Vancouver for the correct season. I'm glad that I did it (it took me about 62 minutes) but it's not a very fun hike. I am really glad that I didn't do it on the weekend cause I've heard it is a little crazy busy (actually very crazy busy). I wanted to be under an hour so I'll have to test myself again sometime and make sure I beat my time. Here are some specs on the hike - "The trail itself can be summed up in a few words. 2.9 kilometers. 2800 feet elevation gain. Slope of up to 45 degrees. Rugged terrain. The trail has been compared to a non-stop climb of one and a half times the CN Tower in Toronto.

Time for bed now but I must share my displeasure with the radio before I leave. I hear the same damn 8 or 9 songs every two hours. What the heck is up with that? What are some of the good radio stations I can start listening to? Either on the radio (from another city or country)? Or, some Universities have good stations that play funky non-commercialized stuff. The reason I just thought of all this is that the Nelly/Kelly song just came on for the 3rd time tonight.

BOOO!!!!

Good night,


No comments: