Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Hello everyone,

I hope that Blogger is nicer to me this time around. I will give you a quick sinopsis of last week since it feels like so long ago now.

Monday of last week - my uncle from India arrived. This is Sumant kaka (the uncle that I was travelling around with in India for about 10 days). He is still here and leaving tomorrow morning. It's been great having him around but I feel really bad cause I haven't really been able to spend much time with him since I've been so busy with work. And, I want to see a lot of you guys before I leave for Milwaukee so I've been trying to juggle everything.

Tuesday was cool. Met up with part of the Udub SCRUBS posse for Thai food at a restaurant called Circle Thai. The food was pretty good but the guy working was a bit confused. Saw Malloy's apartment after - it looks great. As Tchao said, one of these days, we will all have our own places and we'll be having a nice dinner at some funky restaurant on the company tab.

Wednesday night - helped Tchao prepare for his interview. He was doing really well with the case questions so that was great. Danielle and I were also helping him with brain teasers - man you can tell that both of them are very creative and right brained (that's the correct side right?) cause they were getting those brain teasers really well. They like those things. I seem to always get frustrated. I mean, I love finding out the answers but I don't seem to want to spend too much time on them. I want to get better though so if any of you have some good ones - please let me know. That will be my personal goal from here on.

Thursday night - some folks from work took me and Marie (the other TSLP) out for a good-bye dinner. We went to Indian Motorcycle club. I've never been there for dinner before but the food was surprisingly pretty good. I really don't like that place too much though cause it's that "over 30 downtown toronto working crowd" that all looks the same. All the guys have leather jackets and have the same body type. The girls are a bit more intriguing but still pretty much cut from the same cookie cutter. Overall, it's just not my scene.

More to come...

By the way - if you can make it - tomorrow night (Halloween) a bunch of people are getting together at Alleycatz Live Jazz Bar (2409 Yonge Street) around 8:30 or so. There is no cover and at 9:30 a band (Carlos Morgan et al) are coming in so it should be pretty groovin'

Maybe I'll see you there...

No comments: