Wednesday, October 02, 2002

How long has it been since I last wrote to you all (not counting the quick hit last night)? Well tonnes has happened as it always seems to. One of the biggest things was that I ran a 10 km run on Saturday (the 18th of September). It was at Waterloo Park and it was for Brain Tumor research. I ran with people from work and also, Cristine, Flo and Ruth. I am really glad that I did it cause I've been talking about doing a run for the longest time and I actually finally did it. I ran it in about 52 minutes which I think is a great time considering I wanted to beat 55 minutes. That night - a huge group from the Waterloo posse went out for dinner (to a Korean restaurant, which I heard was good) and then out dancing at the Living Room. I had a really good time at the Living Room and it was really great to chill with the gang, especially Mae, Tchao and Birdie (cause I hadn't seen them in so long).

I left on Sunday to go travelling through Western Canada for 2 weeks. I'll be here in Winnipeg until Friday the 4th and I am hanging out here in the hospital learning in the Radiology department. Then on Friday, I leave for Calgary for 5 days where I will be hanging out with our Sales guy next week. The weekend should be great cause I'll be able to hang out with Nitin and Manju. After Calgary, I'll be on my way to Vancouver and I'm really excited about that. I haven't been to Vancouver in a long time (over a year I think) so it will be great to go and see the posse. The beautiful part will be Thanksgiving long weekend. I'll be up in Whistler with Vas chilling out for a couple of days - I can't wait for that.

Since my Latrell Sprewell story, I have had some other brushes with greatness. Except this time, I didn't say anything (perhaps I learned my lesson). When I was flying to Dallas a couple of weeks ago, Forest Whitaker was in the security line behind. I couldn't remember any movie that he was in, except afterwards, I was reminded that he was the star of your favourite movie and mine, Ghost Dog. Then, on Sunday - when I was flying to Winnipeg, the entire Edmonton Eskimos CFL team was at the same gate as me cause they were all flying home to Edmonton. It was interesting to just sit there and see how big these guys are. They were all absolute beasts.

There are tonnes of other things that I've wanted to write on this page for you all. I just can't remember them now. It's weird cause as the week goes on, I encounter things that I think would be interesting to speak about on the site. Except, I always forget what they are when the time comes.

I an watching Game 1 of the Yankees - Angels baseball playoff series. The Angels were leading 5 - 4 in the bottom of the 8th inning. There were two outs and then all of a sudden, the Yankees exploded for 4 runs (including a 3 run dinger by Bernie Williams). Now, Mariano Rivera is coming in to close out the show in the top of the ninth. How do the Yankees seem to do this every year in the postseason?

I'll leave with this. There is a chance that I am going to the Tragically Hip concert here in Winnipeg tomorrow night (with really good free tickets) and then on Thursday, there is a De La Soul concert going on so that will be hype for sure.

Have a great day...

No comments: