Monday, August 11, 2003

hey folks. my vacation is OVER. tomorrow - it's back to the office and how do i feel about that? well, let's see. i am rested and relaxed, chilled and content. so really, i guess it should be okay. but i must say - i love the vacation lifestyle. makes me just want to skip forward 40 years and retire. that would be awesome. imagine being retired at the age of 25? damn, that would be sweet. you'd have a nice sum of money to sit on - could do everything you've wanted to do and it would be such a blast. plus, you're only 25 so all is pretty wicked.

This weekend was the perfect way to get over jet lag. i got home from London at 2:00 am on Saturday morning and got up at 6:30 to go dragonboating in Woodstock all day long. Got home, chilled out, did laundry etc and then got up at 7:00 am this morning to go dragonboating in Toronto today. In Woodstock, we did okay but didn't end up successfully defending our championship from last year. In Toronto, we won our last two races which was great.

I went down to Harbourfront today to a summer festival called Masala, Mehndi, Masti! It's an Indian Cutural, Music, Art and Food festival that's been going on every August for the past 3 years. It was cool and I met up with some of my old buddies. I ran into Nikhil (the human beatbox) and Gurpreet (the tablaguy) and chilled with them which was great. We ended up at this Somalian-Bangladeshi restaurant for dinner and the food was awesome. It was totally a hole in the wall on Dundas Avenue and the service sucked but that all just added to the charm. I drove home through some old parts of Toronto including Gerrard Street, Woodbine Avenue and St. Clair Avenue. It was great to do a lot of thinking and it was a really nice peaceful drive home. When I was home, I went for a walk with my parents which was nice cause we don't get that much time to actually talk as much as we used too.

So you want to know about London, eh? What haven't I told you? Well, one thing that was awesome was last Sunday in Hyde Park. There was this event called Flug Tag It was one of the silliest things I've ever seen. It was so crowded - my estimate is that there were at least 50 - 75 thousand people there. I met some really awesome Aussies and a cool Swede and Kiwi while I was there and it was so cool to chill with some really amazing and incredibly cool people. I also saw Les Miserables which was an amazing show and Shakespeare's A Midsummer Nights Dream at Regents Park in an Open Air ampitheatre. I did a day trip to Stonehendge, Bath and Oxford too. That was a really cool trip with some great site seeing and lots of cool history.

Most of all - I had SUCH A GREAT time meeting so many new people. Raj's friends are all really cool and such varied in their interests and experiences so that is really cool. And the people I know in London are great including all the new people that I met while I was there.

It's very late. I am going to pay for this tomorrow at the office...
Night

No comments: