Sunday, November 03, 2002

Greetings everyone,

I have arrived safely in Milwaukee. It's currently 9:35 CST and I've been here for about 7 hours. I've unpacked and set up my room. It's pretty funny cause I've never had a room this big and it just seems to have too much space. I might have to buy a bean bag chair or something to fill it up. The drive from Toronto wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In total, it took about 9 hours which wasn't bad at all. I was going pretty fast but I don't think it was absurd. I stopped in Ann Arbor last night and hung out with my friend Manju. She's finishing her residency at U of M so it was goog to see her and just hang out in Ann Arbor for a bit. We had some great Japanese food for dinner so that was great. One downer about last night was that my allergies of cats came back. I hadn't been too allergic in a long time but last night, my throat was all itchy and it was so tough to fall asleep. Needless to say, I eventually did...but it was definitely tough. I do know though that cats are a definite no-no for me.

American drivers love to park their asses in the left lane!!! What the @&#& is up with that? The funniest is when they merge onto the highway and immediately go to the left lane...without even checking their blind spots. It is just very very annoying. While I was driving today, I saw the funniest billboard in Michigan. It was for a strip club and the slogan was: "Come see hundreds of beautiful ladies and three ugly ones". That was priceless.

My last few days in Toronto were great. Thursday night was especially fantastic. I got to see a bunch of people who came out to wish me off. We went to Alleycatz, a new jazz bar in Toronto and we saw Carlos Morgan play. He was pretty good. Thanks a lot to all of you who came out. It was cool to see my marathi posse, waterloo posse, l'am posse and work posse all together.

Before I move on...what the @*@^&@(#@&%$"^@#*#& is going on with the Leafs? I am utterly pissed off. There is something fundamental missing from this team. Just don't know what the deal is. Is it Quinn? Is it a lack of heart? I think one major point is that they are missing Yushkevich, Cujo and Roberts from last year's team. Roberts is the only one they are getting back. And, will he be 100%? I highly doubt it.

Well, you haven't heard the last of me. I am in Milwaukee now (for the next 6 months) but I'll still be blogging as often (and of course, as long) as possible.
Good night from the midwest...

No comments: