Sunday, November 17, 2002

Mexico was a blast. I was there for 8 days in total. Arrived last Saturday (the 9th) and just got back to Milwaukee today (the 17th). Here is the recap...

To start...last Saturday at the airport, there was this girl on my team who almost didn't make it with us. She's born and raised in the States and has never left. She didn't know that she needed a passport or birth certificate to get across the border. I was completed shocked when I heard this...I guess it just seems like common sense to me but really, who knew? In any case, she ended up getting through after getting a copy of her birth certificate notorized. But, damn - that was pretty funny. We arrived in Mexico City last Saturday and my first instinct when we were waiting for our driver and then driving through the city to the hotel was....wow, this is like Bombay. There were people everywhere. Absolute chaos on the roads. It was definitely an adventure. We pulled up to our hotel. The Presidente Intercontinental. This was a 4 or 5 star hotel and pretty damn good. It defintely didn't feel like Mexico City though - it was more like Miami. Our hotel was in this really posh part of town with all thse designer stores like versace, dkny, etc... after settling in and drinking some corona's to get aquainted with Mexican life, I rode the bus with Michael and Marie-Pierre and the three of us went to the Museum of Anthropology. It was really great and I saw some neat stuff. It got me thinking...in 100 years or whatever - what is going to be in the museum exhibits for our generation in terms of art, creations, sculptures, ideas, etc?

It's going to be highly technically-focused I believe. Not sure if that is a good thing but it's something for now.

I am getting really sleepy so I will have to conclude this tomorrow or mid-week
have a good night everyone and sorry about the lack of insight into the events of my last week....

No comments: