Wednesday, November 06, 2002

I have fantastic news everyone. I am going to Europe for the Holidays after all. My brother will be graduating form INSEAD in December and my parents and I are going to France to see him. I am really excited cause I've never been to Europe. We are going to rent a car and drive around in the south of France and Italy. This is going to be a great trip. I've gotta start reading up on those countries though and figure out what I want to see. I'm leaving Milwaukee on December 20 and will be coming back to Toronto on December 30 (just in time for New Year's so keep me in the loop for all the New Year's eve parties in Toronto). I then fly back to Milwaukee on January 1 to get back to work. Damn - this ticket was CRAZY EXPENSIVE but I really want to go and travel with my family. We haven't gone anywhere as the 4 of us in probably something like 8 or 10 years so I am definitely looking forward to it. I guess it also helps that I am looking to travel at the heaviest time of the year and I am buying so last minute.

Today work went by pretty quickly. Most days as I was previously saying are just going through a lot of administrative crap. That is expected until we actually get some projects. I went to the gym afterwards today as well and I'll be heading back tomorrow for some more. I feel okay right now but definitely not in pain so I've gotta work harder tomorrow. I cooked some pasta tonight and it turned out okay - you know what sucks though? When you cook the pasta too long and it gets rubbery cause it's overcooked - Not Cool At All. I am going to a Mexican party on Thursday so I'm making quesadillas and guacamolee...I am looking forward to that.

Did I tell you about my shopping experience at the Pick N Save yesterday? My first official time grocery shopping in the U.S. and it was an adventure. I was there for about 1.25 hours when I should have only been there for about 30 minutes. I was just so confused by some of the newer brands that I've never seen before and that whole non-metric way of measuring down here (absolutely stupid if you ask me). I was having the hardest time figuring out gallons vs. litres or pounds vs. grams. Some of the prices were absolutely crazy as well. I saw Kraft Jam concoction for something like $6.85 (I'm pretty sure it's like $1.45 CDN back home). One funny thing happened when I was paying. I had some hand soap and the lady was scanning it but for whatever reason, the bar code wasn't being read. So - she just asked me how much it was and I said something like $1.40 so she just gave it to me for that amount no questions asked. Anyway, that was my shopping experience. Nothing to extravagant but news nonetheless.

Gotta hit the sack now...

Hey - did you see??? The Leafs won tonight! Beat one of the best teams in the League (yes, I am serious - the Tampa Bay Lightning).

No comments: