Friday, November 08, 2002

My first week of work in Milwaukee has come and gone. Just like that...poof and it's done. Now - there will be 23 more of those and before I know it, back to Toronto! Don't take this the wrong way though. I am not counting down the days or anything. I am only commenting on the fact that time flies and it most certainly will during this phase of my training. The last two days, I was in a workshop entitled "Think on your Feet" and it was really cool. We were taught how to be more effective communcators - but even more specifically, how to give clear, consise, logical and memorable talks without rambling and/or sounding fake. It was a really neat class and I feel that I've learned a lot. I should be able to apply some of the skills I learned to everyday life. Let's see how it goes...

So Vince is out for about a month. Damn that is not good news. I was thinking today. One thing that truely separated great players a few years ago like the Jordan's or Gretzky's was that they never had really serious or chronic or lingering injuries (until much much much later in their careers). But, until then...they were fine and kicking butt. Why is that? Is there not enough respect for superstars in these games anymore?

By the way, the quesadillas and the guacamole that I made last night were absolutely money!

I really don't have any horseshoes up my butt however you are going to hate what I have to say next. I am going to Mexico City tomorrow morning for a week. I am being sent along with my team for a training seminar. It is going to be really great cause there will be other students from other Leadership Training programs there and in total, there will probably be about 50 or 60 students in my class for the next week. I've never been to Mexico City but I'm not expecting too much in terms of culture or substance or anything like that. However, traveling always give you a nice opportunity to see new places and experience new cultures. Also, next weekend after the course, I am going to visit my friend Reva in Merida (which is on the northeast coast of Mexico). I'll hang out with her for a couple of days and then come back to Milwaukee. Merida will be great cause it's a lot smaller, a lot let busy and full of locals (as opposed to tourists). I am going to try and see some tequila making factories and some Mayan ruins.

I've already packed the Immodium so have no fear!

No comments: