Thursday, November 28, 2002

I've been home for about a day so far and things are going well. It's nice to be home in Scarborough. It's funny cause whenever I come back, there are always new things around but it feels like I've never really left. I guess I've only been in Milwaukee for about 3.5 weeks so that doesn't really qualify as being away for too long. Last night, I went to the movies with my friend May and we saw Bollywood/Hollywood. It was a really funny movie and a great mix of spoofing Bollywood movies (the "sing-songs" and such). Lisa Ray, the lead actress in the movie is beautiful. She went to grade school with my buddy Vas and after high school, I think that she decided to leave Scarborough and go taking acting lessons in India. It's slowly paying off and hopefully the lead roll in this film (with a great director, Deepa Mehta) will kickstart her career. By the way, if you haven't seen any other Deepa Mehta films - you've definitely got to. Check out Earth or Fire. Another great Indian movie to see, if you haven't already, is Monsoon Wedding.

Tonight, my niece is coming over (my favourite one). It will be great to see her and hang out. Not sure how I am going to tell her that Goldie died. In case you guys didn't know, my last gold fish from the terrible fish mishap (scroll 2/3rds to the bottom for pictures) of last year died a week ago. He lived for over a year which was pretty incredible.

Tchao, thanks for linking to that one more time.
I needed that ego boost.

No comments: