Wednesday, January 29, 2003

American Idol. Yep...I watched it tonight. And I must admit it...I watched it yesterday as well. It's kind of interesting. By no means can I sing...but watching some of these people is incredible cause damn, they have talent. They really sound great and together, some of them are amazing in their duets. The show has a really interesting dynamic as well when Simon (the judge that everyone hates) rips into someone that just blows. Paula Abdul is probably a little too nice though. The other observation is that this thing is very much about image in addition to talent. They are going to pick someone that is hot and has a nice body...that is just a given. I haven't been keeping up with Joe Millionaire by the way. I seem to have lost interest...I mean, it was definitely pretty hyped up at the beginning and I was right on that hype bandwagon but now, I can honestly say that I haven't watched the last couple of episodes. I'll find out in the paper or on the radio what happened so I'm not that bothered.

I tried and tried and tried to go home this weekend but I just couldn't get a good price on a plane ticket. I'm pretty pissed off cause I really wanted to go and surprise my parents. It's their anniversary this weekend and it would have been great to see them and surprise them for the weekend. But, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll have to keep looking for last minute websaver deals. Air Canada had this huge seat sale last week that ended on Friday the 24th. I didn't know about it until too late and missed out on tickets. And I think cause of that seat sale...there weren't as many good deals this week.

My dad's marathi magazine is finally online...That's right - check out www.ekata.ca. Thanks for the suggestion about www.blacksun.ca Tai. I wanna update that site and make it look better. I guess I would also love to make my site an actual site. I suppose having the blog is good cause it's the most important thing but I would like to have some pictures and such. Karen - maybe you could help me...how do I customize my blogger site? You know how you did for your Asia site? I would love to add a bar along the left side that has links to all my friends pages, I would love to have a link to a pictures site that I will start. All of those things would be great but I need some help.

I haven't talked to some of you in a while...hope you're doing well Chooey...sounds like you had a great snowboarding trip with Waterloo posse including Rachel and JLo. Etch - how is the job buddy? Sounds like it's getting better and you are enjoying it. And what are your thoughts about sales now? Christine - how goes school and of course, how goes things with the boy? Karen - you are so right...I can't believe that you've been in Seattle for 7 months. That is pretty crazy.

Who's seen any of the new ads? You gotta check them out the television spots...they are all pretty funny:

I've been quite a culinary expert the last few days:
Monday: Baked salmon marinated in lemon, coriander and pepper accompanied by a medley of cauliflower and sweet potatoes
Tuesday: Succulent boneless Tandoori chicken broiled to perfection served with a spicey and tasty Indian rice pilaf dish
Wednesday: Chicken (marinated in lime, garlic, habanero sauce and coriander) tacos served with tomatos, lettuce, cheese and salsa

What's on tap for the rest of the week? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: