Friday, January 03, 2003

Sweet. The Canadian Juniors beat the US Juniors today in the semifinals of the World Junior Hockey Championships. Now - it's the golf medal game against Russia tomorrow. I sat at home all day today and I feel much better. Still two more days (Saturday and Sunday) to chill out and come Monday - I should be as good as new.

I was watching the Shawshank Redemption tonight. That is definitely one of my all time favourite movies. I think that I've blogged about this movie before but there is just something about it. It's commentary on life and how we struggle so much just to get no where is really interesting. Showing Morgan Freeman's Character and the older guy "Brooks" not being able to survive on the outside world was really interesting. Morgan Freeman just had an excellent quote..."40 years, I've been asking permission to piss. Now, I can't even squeeze a drop without getting the okay from someone." In prison, I guess you become so reformed to the way things are and you begin to accept it as is. Then there is the story of Tim Robbin's character "Andy Dufresne". He never actually commited the crime he was convicted two life sentences for but he did his time and did little things throughout his stay at Shawshank that made him feel like a man again. The friendship that Andy and Red developed during their time at Shawshank is remarkable - that is true trust and respect.

Some great quotes from the film...

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good things ever die.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

This afternoon, I also watched the Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring. That is another great movie. I really ain't into much of the fantasy movies but there is something about that movie that is absolutely great. It's got everything in it...suspense, love, drama, action ---> so much great stuff. I wanted to see the movie again before seeing the second one - The Twin Towers. Hopefully, I will see it this weekend or during the coming week.

Right now, Cliffhanger is on - that is a real old movie - I think I watched that a long time ago. Actually, Cliffhanger is the first Rated R movie that I ever snuck into. That is my memory of this movie. It's pretty good action but man Stallone is something else. Some day, I'll tell you about the really embarrasing story that happened to me when I tried to sneak into Pulp Fiction back in the day. I'll save that one for a rainy day.

Off to find some grub for dinner and then going to hit the sac.
Have a good evening all.

No comments: