Sunday, December 28, 2003

A Couple Days full of Memories

Boxing Day evening was a good time. A family friend of ours - Leena - got married in the summer. Her wedding reception was at Bombay Palace on Friday night and most of the Toronto Marathi posse (those that are in town) were in attendence. It was a lot of fun to see all of my old friends...a lot of whom I hadn't seen in a long time. There were so many kids there that I used to play with when I was younger and some that I used to babysit. They are all 19, 20 or 21 now and in first or second year university. Very funny to see them after so long. A couple of them said they recognized me right away (as if I haven't changed). I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing cause I used to be a scrawny little indian boy who always turned black in the summer. Come to think of it...methinks it's a bad that that I allegedly haven't changed. I hung out a lot with G and we had some good conversations so that was great. The food was pretty good too - often at these Indian banquets, the food is crappy and oily but it actually wasn't so bad.

After the reception, I visited Kris' for his birthday. Just chilled there for a little while...cause it was late. More about Kris' birthday in a second.

On Saturday morning, my dad and I went to MDG Computers to buy a new computer for the family. We got a P4 with a boatload of RAM, some other cool stuff and a 17" LCD. All of that for $2000. Damn, prices have really come down. 5 years ago we bought basically half that system for $2800. We pick up the new computer tomorrow and I'll have to learn how to do homenetworking in order to set up our network properly. I'm sure I'm going to fail miserably...

I then went to Mondo Shoe Outlet and they had a sale on all old Aldo, Pegabo, Transit, etc. shoes. The shoes were all cheaper (probably last season's stock, etc). They had this one promtion where you could buy 1 shoe and get the second pair for $0.01. I got two pairs of shoes and I'm quite happy with my purchases.

Saturday was a wonderful day. I saw so many people (new and old) and everyone was in the holiday spirit so it was fantastic. In the afternoon, I met up with K, Ing, Chooey and A-Diddy for lunch at Swiss Chalet. They have this annual girls meeting where they go shopping, etc and this year some boys were invited. Turns out that I was the only one who came so I got to chill with all the ladies for the afternoon (which was absolutely no problem). It was great to see all you guys. K and Ing, I can't believe the last time was graduation... We all had some great conversations and enjoyed the company of Sherlock.

I then went over to NS' house and we chilled out before going for a run on the boardwalk at the beaches. It was really nice to go for a run since I've been SO lazy for the past 2 weeks (that was actually my first ounce of physical activity in a LONG time). Running along the boardwalk is really nice...it definitely beats my Warden, Steeles, Birchmount, Finch run here in Scarborough. Once we got ready, we went to Dave's dinner at Golden Thai. The food was yummy and it was great as always to see the UW posse and share old stories and memories. We got a lot of chuckles as Etch, Tai and I recounted our Camping Trip from November. Cantos stories were wonderful as well. Dave - congrats on the new job buddy...it sounds like it's gonna be intense.

After Thai food, I went to Kris' birthday party in Sauga at the Snug Harboour Restaurant. It's located right on the water in Mississauga (Hwy 10 and Lakeshore). Really nice location. But really, what do I want to talk about? None other than Mr. Khan - he was on fire last night and I must say the line of the night was:

"Hey baby...don't judge a book by the cover, read the pages inside first (as he starts peeling off his shirt). Kris - you were pure jokes last night and all that placebo alcohol we were feeding you at the end of the night was definitely working. Hope you had a good time buddy...I certainly did.

Etch - nice wristband by the way.

No comments: