Thursday, December 18, 2003

Guess what I did on Tuesday night? I went to the office around 12:30 that afternoon, parked the car, got my stuff and started walking to the office. As I was walking, I touched the button on my keychain and locked the doors (heard the horn sound). Went to the office, went to the caf and got a fork for my lunch, then went to my desk and set up shop. Was working there till about 5:30 and was getting ready to pack up and go to the Drake and Firkin for dinner and drinks with office peeps. I packed up everything, put on my coat and started walking to the door. I reached in my jacket pocket for my phone and keys. Found my phone. Didn't find my keys. Damn, that was annoying. So I retraced all my steps...checked everywhere (including the garbage) in my cube area, the caf, outside in the parking lot too. But, I couldn't find them anywhere. I checked with security - no one had turned them in.

So I called my Ford Dealership but they couldn't give me my key code since I didn't have the serial number of the vehicle. I was going to have to call the 1-800 Ford Service number. They would call the dealership and give them my serial number so they could cut and reprogram me new keys. That would have cost me $80 and then I would have also had to pay the towing charge to get the car to the dealership (another $50 or so). Luckily, one of my buddies at work had a great idea. I drove her car home and got my spare keys, went back to the office and gave her back her car. So the only problem was that I had to drive to/from Scarborough/Mississauga one extra time on Tuesday (but I did take the 407 so it was a little quicker). And now, I've gotta go to my dealership and get an extra key cut for my car.

So a mental note for you all...keep the serial number and a copy of your vehicle ownership with you at all times (in your wallet or something) in case you need to call your dealership and need some vital information. Speaking of which - I still need to put a copy of that stuff in my wallet...

No comments: