Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Colour Blind and Apartment Blind (if that is possible)

I just spent the last hour looking at different Benjamin Moore Colour Swatches. We are painting many rooms of our house this month and have to select the colours. Man...it is difficult to decide b/w colours like Arctic Sunshine, Auburn Mist, $hit $tain, Burnt Toast and Blue Thunder. You look at one, envision it in light and then realize that you've gotta look at it in natural light as well as darkness as well. There are so many permutations and you have to make sure they go well with your furniture, carpet, etc.

Un a somewhat related note, my dad and I looked at several apartments tonight. We saw a couple interesting places but for the most part - nothing really jumped out. Anything around that Queen's Quay/Harbourfront area is cool to look at but functionally, the units are so small and they are asking for too much. Some of the newer buildings are especially tiny while they try to compensate by having nice fixtures and newer appliances, etc. I really feel like I am back at square one when it comes to this apartment/condo search. I am still trying to decide b/w buying or renting. Can't really make up my mind. And in the end...it all comes down to location, location, location.

No comments: